Am I Allergic To Be...

Notifications
Clear all

Am I Allergic To Benzoyl Peroxide?

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/22/2012 10:02 am

Hey everyone,

I've been on the Regimen for just a week. However, yesterday and today, I started having itching rashes all over my body, but my face remains clear and looks better and better each day.

I think it shouldn't be benzoyl peroxide, since my face looks awesome. It might be something I ate, but I'm not sure.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 04/22/2012 11:34 am

Yeah doesn't sound like it at all.. You would know if youre allergic. Your face gets crusty, red, irritated, and swollen. Still, rashes over your body can't be agood thing, id go to your local physician and have him or her check it out

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/22/2012 12:06 pm

Max, thanks for your help. I think I'll switch to Neutrogena On the Spot BP treatment for a few days and see if I'm allergic to BP or just the other materials in Dan's treatment. If I'm allergic to BP...well too bad. If it's the other stuffs, I'll probably buy Benzac AC 2.5, since people say Neutrogena is a cream based treatment and thus isn't really good.

MemberMember

Posted : 04/22/2012 12:11 pm

I actually was allergic to Dans BP (not the actual BP, but preservatives in it probably). My eyes got super swollen and puffy, they would sting really badly randomly throughout the day, my neck got red and itchy...and I never put BP near my neck. I switched to Paula's Choice BP and all of the problems went away. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/22/2012 12:19 pm

Oh ok. How is Paula's Choice BP in comparison? Is it a gel and does it ball up?

I'm looking everywhere but can't find a lot of alternatives to Dan's BP.

MemberMember

Posted : 04/22/2012 12:26 pm

It is a gel, and it awesome! I really like it. It's more liquid-ey than dans, but still really good. It absorbs much faster too. If you wanted to do Dan's regimen, I would use PC BP and everything else Dan's products. I don't like any of her moisturizers unfortunately, and Dan's is really good IMO

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/22/2012 12:59 pm

Currently I'm using Dan's BP, Cetaphil Gentil Wash, and Aveeno Ultracalming SPF 15 moisturizer with jojoba oil. I would use Dan's moisturizer and cleanser, but his shipping really takes a loonnng time, whereas Cetaphil and Aveeno can be bought at the walmart store five minutes away from my house.

We'll see how it goes the next couple days when I use Neutrogena On the Spot as a substitution. If I'm really allergic to BP, then this whole regimen thing wouldn't work anyway :(

MemberMember

Posted : 04/22/2012 1:13 pm

Youll figure it out! Its really about trial and error

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/22/2012 1:14 pm

Thanks man, appreciate it.

I'll keep you updated.

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/23/2012 7:54 pm

OK. I'm now thoroughly depressed. I found that I'm indeed allergic to BP. After using Neutrogena On the Spot treatment, I still have itchy skins all over my body.

This morning, I put nothing on my face, and now I don't have itchy skin anymore.

After so much preparations and readings and buying products and expectations, just to find that I'm allergic to bp. ugh.

What do I do now? I've been using Salicylic Acid peel before the Regimen, and it has helped a lot but has never prevented pimples from forming. I'm thinking about ordering Paula's Choice 2% BHA and couple it with the peel. Maybe that'll help...

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 04/23/2012 10:31 pm

If you can afford it, I strongly suggest going to a doctor or a derm. You never know what could be causing the rash. I'm not sure it's the BP.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 04/24/2012 7:41 am

i still would question if the BP is making your body itch. However, both my girls were allergic to Dan's BP as well. I switched them over to Lumiplexion. One uses Lumiplexion BP without any problem and the other uses the sulfur medication. I would suggest contacting Lumiplexion and asking about your rash. If it is a BP reaction, you could try the sulfur medication. It's not as strong as BP, but it has kept my daughter's skin much clearer than anything else.

MemberMember
(@square)

Posted : 04/24/2012 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I tried Neutrogena's BP again last night, and I had allergic reaction again today, even worse. I went to CVS pharmarcy and bought some allergy pills and creams. They helped tremendously, and I'm ok again now. I think I might try BP some time after I'm completely without allergy.

Currently I just bought some sample Salicylic acid gels from Paula's Choice. Once I receive them, I'll know how I fare with SA.

I also bought some Aloe Vera Gel. What do you guys think about it?

I also have some Manuka Honey. I might start using honey masks while waiting for the SA.

The people at CVS also told me to see a doctor if my condition doesn't get better in a few days.

If I get allergy again even without the BP treatment, I'll know it's something else.

MemberMember
(@harleens)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:28 am

Hello!

I've recently had a similar problem. I had used the Clinque 3 step system which had benzyol peroxide and I had a very bad allergic reaction to it. My face was swollen around my nose and I got hives all around my face. I thought it may have been from soemthing else, but I recently started using the regimen and not even within a day of using it I had the same reaction but I still saw major improvemnt in my acne.

I'm just wondering if the regimin works just as effectively without the BP treatment and what you used as an alternative to that product that is just as effective.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@puffyeyes)

Posted : 04/25/2013 11:07 pm

I had similar problem but used dans bp with very successful results for 5 months and then started having allergy to the bp every time I used it - whether small or large amount. Red, itchy and swollen eyes. Neck red and itchy. Never used on neck. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions? Still have acne and have done allergy testing and no common allergies. I did switch from Tide detergent to All free and clear and ironically think that may be reducing my acne. There is an enzyme in tide that many people have allergy to.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@pho)

Posted : 10/19/2013 8:55 am

Hello All!

Any updates on your progress? I've been using the regimen for around two weeks and woke up to discover a red, blotchy rash on my neck, despite using the products only on my face and chest. This is rather unpleasant, since it has been clearing my moderate acne very well. I would rather the rash than the acne, but I suppose there's the niggling issue of an allergic reaction becoming potentially fatal. How long had you used the products after you discovered the initial reaction? From some sources it suggests an allergy can only worsen, have some found relief despite continued use?

All the best