Questions about the...

Notifications
Clear all

Questions about the AHA+?

MemberMember
(@iwcsplz)

Posted : 01/19/2010 4:04 pm

I have been on the regimen for two weeks now. I got to the full amount pretty quickly, and fortunately I am not experiencing any redness or flakiness. Even though the regimen worked pretty well at clearing my acne, I have a lot of acne scars which seem resistent to go away. I have decided to add the AHA+ into my regimen, and I have a few questions about it.

1. Is it true that AHA+ helps with acne scars?

2. Will AHA+ cause initial breakouts at first?

3. I am probably going to switch from the acne.org moisturizer to AHA+. Does AHA+ works well as a moisturizer? And since I add jojoba oil in my acne.org, can I add jojoba oil in the AHA+?

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 01/19/2010 4:39 pm

You really need to take your time with The Regimen. The dryness that usually comes with BP use doesn't always present itself right away, and rushing into the full amount of BP can lead to severe dryness after a couple of weeks.

Also, you really shouldn't add the AHA in until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month, and your skin is totally adjusted to the full amount of BP. When you do add it it, start out by using it just two or three times a week. Give your skin a few weeks to see how it handles the AHA, and if it handles it well, you can gradually try using it more often. I wouldn't recommend using it more that once a day, maximum. AHA is strong stuff, and it is possible to overdo it.

In answer to your questions, AHA can help fade hyperpigmentation and even skin tone, and for some people, I'm sure it can soften the appearance of scars, but keep in mind that it's not going to fade your scarring completely.

And yes, some people do purge when the add AHA into their regimen.

MemberMember
(@soundtrack2mylife)

Posted : 01/19/2010 5:14 pm

I actually just ordered both the AHA+ and the Jojoba Oil, it's on the way. I am not currently on Dan's Regimen, but I've read so many good things about both of these products and look forward to using them. So I have the same question actually.. is it okay to mix the jojoba oil with the AHA and would that be 3 drops or 6 drops of the oil? Is it more effective to use them separately.. and for that matter how many people just apply the jojoba directly to there skin. What is the best? I'm not currently using a moisturizer and never really used one with my regimen so I wouldnt have a moisturizer I would mix the jojoba with other than the AHA+ itself.

MemberMember
(@iwcsplz)

Posted : 01/20/2010 3:30 pm

You really need to take your time with The Regimen. The dryness that usually comes with BP use doesn't always present itself right away, and rushing into the full amount of BP can lead to severe dryness after a couple of weeks.

Also, you really shouldn't add the AHA in until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month, and your skin is totally adjusted to the full amount of BP. When you do add it it, start out by using it just two or three times a week. Give your skin a few weeks to see how it handles the AHA, and if it handles it well, you can gradually try using it more often. I wouldn't recommend using it more that once a day, maximum. AHA is strong stuff, and it is possible to overdo it.

In answer to your questions, AHA can help fade hyperpigmentation and even skin tone, and for some people, I'm sure it can soften the appearance of scars, but keep in mind that it's not going to fade your scarring completely.

And yes, some people do purge when the add AHA into their regimen.

I actually have been on the regimen for four weeks. However, there is a two week gap between the first two weeks and the second two weeks. So I am fine.

MemberMember
(@librarirun)

Posted : 01/20/2010 3:54 pm

Howdy ho everyone :)

I've been on the regimen for a year and a half - and only added the AHA+ now. If you think you've been on the regimen long enough to try it - go ahead. You will only know what works for you, and your skin - if you try it.

In my personal opinion - I love Dan's AHA. I'd definitely - DEFINITELY - start out with a small, small (peasized is all you need) and try it on an area that - IF - you do experience a reaction - won't be noticible. I used my chin area. I normally break out from any sort of moisturizer - AHA wasn't too bad - I do think I experienced some purging. However - you do NOT need a lot of AHA on your face - Dan's AHA+ has a very runny viscosity - so a little goes a LONG WAY. I have used it for dry skin (works amazing), as a spot treatment (sometimes it makes the pimple less red, and go away without coming to a head to pop, sometimes it does the opposite, makes it more red - and comes to a head for me to pop right away and heal faster) - and I use it at night as a moisturizer and for old acne scars.

For me - all these things WORK for Dan's AHA. I have taken pictures and compared - after a week or two - to see how my scars are fading - it's amazing. After a month - one of my deep scars from a cyst is nothing more than a freckle. You have to try Dan's stuff - to see if it works for you. I've been lucky - it definitely is working for me. I apply my AHA at night - after I cleanse and after my BP has completely dried.

As for using the AHA+ as a moisturizer - definite yes. BUT - you will need to choose WISELY which moisturizer you want it to replace. I use mine at night - and it seems to work really well as a "repair" sort of moisturizer at night (for pimples, dark scars...) You really - really - only want to use AHA once a day. I actually broke out from using it twice a day - it was starting to over-agitate. You don't think it would - being it's a moisturizer - but it's also an exfoliant - and it WILL. Once a day - is enough.

If you don't want to use it at night - you could use it during the day as your moisturizer (or in place of) but don't forget that AHA leaves your skin sun prone. You will have uber-fresh skin facing the sun - and most people use (or have to use) a SPF to protect your skin. Skin with AHA is getting exfoliated while you wear it - those fresh skin cells are going to suck the sun RIGHT UP :)

That's why I use my AHA at night - this way - I don't worry about SPF and how to apply another lotion on top of AHA - if I were to use it during the day? That might be something to think about!

I have - used AHA - during the day - only in extreme - extreme small and patchy amounts (I mean, I use a Q-tip to put it on - that's how little I use) and only for dry skin around my mouth. I only do this if I know I'm going out to a restaurant and don't want to worry about dry skin while eating (wiping with napkin etc..) AHA works wonders for that. But I have really started to re-evaluate using it for that - because of the extreme strength of AHA. I don't want to over agitate my skin - because too much of a good thing, you know?

So - I am going to start using Dan's moisturizer for that purpose during the day - and keep my AHA at night. It seems to be working - but you need to think about SPF and how powerful AHA is when you are thinking about incorporating it into your regimen. Do you want to have to put an SPF lotion on over your AHA and BP during the day? That's a lot to put on your face, you know?

As for if AHA works well as a moisturizer - it works AMAZING. At least - for me. And I have pretty darn dry skin :) Comes from years of tanning and years of Proactiv eating my face up :) And I normally do NOT use a moisturizer - so AHA works well for taking care of dry skin - a little goes a long way - also - you won't really (at least for me) need jojoba oil mixed with the AHA. I find that my skin really gets shiny (AHA) and that tacky moisturized feeling (almost a glowy feeling) just alone with the AHA than if adding some more oil to the mix. Some people add jojoba to Dan's regular moisturizer - but I haven't needed it with my AHA one bit. Pure AHA has been great. I'd try just the AHA alone - after you've tried it on a little spot to see how your skin reacts - and see if just the AHA alone takes care of your dry skin. If it doesn't - then you can go from there. If you add too much new stuff (or mix stuff) right way - if you have a breakout or reaction - you won't know what's doing it or what's not :)

I hope this information can help you all :)

Rabitto liked
MemberMember
(@iwcsplz)

Posted : 01/21/2010 10:04 pm

Howdy ho everyone :)

I've been on the regimen for a year and a half - and only added the AHA+ now. If you think you've been on the regimen long enough to try it - go ahead. You will only know what works for you, and your skin - if you try it.

In my personal opinion - I love Dan's AHA. I'd definitely - DEFINITELY - start out with a small, small (peasized is all you need) and try it on an area that - IF - you do experience a reaction - won't be noticible. I used my chin area. I normally break out from any sort of moisturizer - AHA wasn't too bad - I do think I experienced some purging. However - you do NOT need a lot of AHA on your face - Dan's AHA+ has a very runny viscosity - so a little goes a LONG WAY. I have used it for dry skin (works amazing), as a spot treatment (sometimes it makes the pimple less red, and go away without coming to a head to pop, sometimes it does the opposite, makes it more red - and comes to a head for me to pop right away and heal faster) - and I use it at night as a moisturizer and for old acne scars.

For me - all these things WORK for Dan's AHA. I have taken pictures and compared - after a week or two - to see how my scars are fading - it's amazing. After a month - one of my deep scars from a cyst is nothing more than a freckle. You have to try Dan's stuff - to see if it works for you. I've been lucky - it definitely is working for me. I apply my AHA at night - after I cleanse and after my BP has completely dried.

As for using the AHA+ as a moisturizer - definite yes. BUT - you will need to choose WISELY which moisturizer you want it to replace. I use mine at night - and it seems to work really well as a "repair" sort of moisturizer at night (for pimples, dark scars...) You really - really - only want to use AHA once a day. I actually broke out from using it twice a day - it was starting to over-agitate. You don't think it would - being it's a moisturizer - but it's also an exfoliant - and it WILL. Once a day - is enough.

If you don't want to use it at night - you could use it during the day as your moisturizer (or in place of) but don't forget that AHA leaves your skin sun prone. You will have uber-fresh skin facing the sun - and most people use (or have to use) a SPF to protect your skin. Skin with AHA is getting exfoliated while you wear it - those fresh skin cells are going to suck the sun RIGHT UP :)

That's why I use my AHA at night - this way - I don't worry about SPF and how to apply another lotion on top of AHA - if I were to use it during the day? That might be something to think about!

I have - used AHA - during the day - only in extreme - extreme small and patchy amounts (I mean, I use a Q-tip to put it on - that's how little I use) and only for dry skin around my mouth. I only do this if I know I'm going out to a restaurant and don't want to worry about dry skin while eating (wiping with napkin etc..) AHA works wonders for that. But I have really started to re-evaluate using it for that - because of the extreme strength of AHA. I don't want to over agitate my skin - because too much of a good thing, you know?

So - I am going to start using Dan's moisturizer for that purpose during the day - and keep my AHA at night. It seems to be working - but you need to think about SPF and how powerful AHA is when you are thinking about incorporating it into your regimen. Do you want to have to put an SPF lotion on over your AHA and BP during the day? That's a lot to put on your face, you know?

As for if AHA works well as a moisturizer - it works AMAZING. At least - for me. And I have pretty darn dry skin :) Comes from years of tanning and years of Proactiv eating my face up :) And I normally do NOT use a moisturizer - so AHA works well for taking care of dry skin - a little goes a long way - also - you won't really (at least for me) need jojoba oil mixed with the AHA. I find that my skin really gets shiny (AHA) and that tacky moisturized feeling (almost a glowy feeling) just alone with the AHA than if adding some more oil to the mix. Some people add jojoba to Dan's regular moisturizer - but I haven't needed it with my AHA one bit. Pure AHA has been great. I'd try just the AHA alone - after you've tried it on a little spot to see how your skin reacts - and see if just the AHA alone takes care of your dry skin. If it doesn't - then you can go from there. If you add too much new stuff (or mix stuff) right way - if you have a breakout or reaction - you won't know what's doing it or what's not :)

I hope this information can help you all :)

Thanks for your response. I just received my AHA+ today, and I just used it as a spot treatment 10 minutes ago. It stung for about 10 minutes, but then it went away. Let's see how those spots look when I wake up tomorrow morning! I am probably gonna take your advice and only apply AHA+ at night.

Lsj25 liked
MemberMember
(@dina80)

Posted : 09/21/2015 4:35 pm

I received my AHA+ today and am using it along with the regemin.

I plan to apply it 3 times a week as a night moisturiser.

It stung for a few minutes but has now calmed.

I'm looking forward to using this in the hope that it will also help with the flakiness from the treatment..

MemberMember
(@astroboychorong)

Posted : 10/13/2015 10:23 pm

im on my 4 weeks.

morning: normal procedure, 2 pumps each

at night: 2 pumps cleanser
2 pumps bp
now the can i combine the moisturizer and the aha+, 1 pump each? or half pump each?
or maybemoisturizer 2 pmps then aha at spot area?