Notifications
Clear all

Been on the regimen for 10 months and my skin is still peeling and dry

MemberMember
(@bbaye)

Posted : 04/21/2018 10:54 am

Hey guys
so i've been using the regimen now for 10 months and my skin definitely has gotten better acne wise even thought i still do get some pimples that scar sometimes but its better than it was at the beginning.

My issue is my skin texture, its still dry peeling and flaky just like the first few months of using this treatment. I've tried to lower bp, use jojoba oil to get rid of peeling skin, I've used so much moisturizer, i started using cerave moisturizer as well as the acne.org one and jojoba oil together because my skin was so bad, i use aha+ regularly. but i don't think it helps because its not really dong much.
Should i start just using bp at night?
HELPPPP

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/27/2018 3:51 pm

Hi bbaye,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. We would recommend that you try to incorporate the Acne.org AHA+ to The Regimen.

The Acne.org AHA+ will speed up the natural skin renewal process on a cellular level causing your skin to heal and replenish faster. This will help with skin renew faster than it can flake off. The Acne.org AHA+ will also help to fade any dark marks left behind from past breakouts.

MemberMember
(@bbaye)

Posted : 06/20/2018 2:13 pm

I already do use AHA once every 3 days. my skin is still the same.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 06/20/2018 2:19 pm

Hey, I've been on the regimen for about 8 months. I do the regimen twice a day and also use AHA once every 3 days. My skin always gets reddish and a bit irritated when I apply BP and even more red after applying moisturizer. I've never actually used the acne.org moisturizer since I've read so many negative reviews on it lately.

However, I think you should find a suitable moisturizer for your skin. I've found 2 moisturizers that work relatively well for me, and does only make my skin a bit red, nothing horrific. I have also tried using CeraVe, this moisturizer didn't work for me at all! It burned a lot and made my skin super red. I think there might be some ingredient in some of the moisturizers that somehow reacts negatively with BP.

Anyhow, Im completely clear from acne but I have to admit that I still suffer from redness, especially on my cheeks.

Yours, M

MemberMember
(@bbaye)

Posted : 06/20/2018 8:44 pm

6 hours ago, MindfulTiler said:

Hey, I've been on the regimen for about 8 months. I do the regimen twice a day and also use AHA once every 3 days. My skin always gets reddish and a bit irritated when I apply BP and even more red after applying moisturizer. I've never actually used the acne.org moisturizer since I've read so many negative reviews on it lately.

However, I think you should find a suitable moisturizer for your skin. I've found 2 moisturizers that work relatively well for me, and does only make my skin a bit red, nothing horrific. I have also tried using CeraVe, this moisturizer didn't work for me at all! It burned a lot and made my skin super red. I think there might be some ingredient in some of the moisturizers that somehow reacts negatively with BP.

Anyhow, Im completely clear from acne but I have to admit that I still suffer from redness, especially on my cheeks.

Yours, M

Thank You! Quick question what moisturizers did work for you? The acne.org one is ok personally for me it's too watery and not super moisturizing, plus if you really want hydration you have to use so much of it which is so expensive. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 06/21/2018 10:25 am

As night moisturiser i use: Eucerin Dry skin Replenishing Face cream 5% urea. As day moisturizer I use a Nordic brand moisturiser called: Basiderm Oil Control Daily Moisturizer (30 SFP).

They work okay for me, Although they are not perfect. I'm afraid that whatever moisturizer I use, my skin will always react to BP in form of redness and irritation. Im not allergic or anything to BP but it feels like my skin is very sensitive to BP.

Maybe I will give the acne.org moisturizer a try!

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 06/26/2018 5:22 pm

Try using LESS BP, but still use it twice a day. When I was using the acne.org regimen, they said to use a full finger length....WAY TOO MUCH. I got chemical burns and my skin took 2 weeks to heal. Use a nickel size amount; just enough to layer your entire face. Any more is excessive and will irritate your skin (and possibly burn).
For moisturizers, CeraVE, Eucerin, and Rodan and Fields Soothe moisturizer are what I recommend. Although the acne.org one felt soothing after burning my face, it didn't do much for my flakiness.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 06/30/2018 5:58 am

On 2018-06-27 at 1:22 AM, klessard said:

Try using LESS BP, but still use it twice a day. When I was using the acne.org regimen, they said to use a full finger length....WAY TOO MUCH. I got chemical burns and my skin took 2 weeks to heal. Use a nickel size amount; just enough to layer your entire face. Any more is excessive and will irritate your skin (and possibly burn).
For moisturizers, CeraVE, Eucerin, and Rodan and Fields Soothe moisturizer are what I recommend. Although the acne.org one felt soothing after burning my face, it didn't do much for my flakiness.

Thanks for the help! Are you not doing the reigmen anymore klessard, if so, why not?

I will definitely look into the moisturizers you recommended.

Now when I think about it, I tend to use a lot of BP even though I perhaps would need to. Did you manage to stay clear even though only using a nickle size amount of BP?

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/02/2018 3:26 pm

On 2018-06-30 at 4:58 AM, MindfulTiler said:
Thanks for the help! Are you not doing the reigmen anymore klessard, if so, why not?

I will definitely look into the moisturizers you recommended.

Now when I think about it, I tend to use a lot of BP even though I perhaps would need to. Did you manage to stay clear even though only using a nickle size amount of BP?

I tried the acne.org regimen unsuccessfully a few years back. Followed the instructions religiously and my acne didnt get any better unfortunately. Luckily, I have found a new system of products that has 100% cleared up my acne(and I couldnt be happier)

and yes, even using a nickel size amount of BP (twice a day), I dont get acne anymore 🙂

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/04/2018 3:03 pm

On 2018-07-02 at 11:26 PM, klessard said:
I tried the acne.org regimen unsuccessfully a few years back. Followed the instructions religiously and my acne didn™t get any better unfortunately.  Luckily, I have found a new system of products that has 100% cleared up my acne(and I couldn™t be happier) 

and yes, even using a nickel size amount of BP (twice a day), I don™t get acne anymore :)

Okay I'm happy to hear that you managed to clear up despite the struggle with "the regimen". I got very curious about your "new system" which has kept you 100% clear. Could you perhaps share this with us? :) 

Lastly you mentioned that you dont get acne any, do you mean by this that you have outgrown from acne? Does this "outgrowing from acne naturally" usually happen in a certain age or is it totally individual? 

//M

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/04/2018 3:34 pm

29 minutes ago, MindfulTiler said:
Okay I'm happy to hear that you managed to clear up despite the struggle with "the regimen". I got very curious about your "new system" which has kept you 100% clear. Could you perhaps share this with us? :) 

Lastly you mentioned that you dont get acne any, do you mean by this that you have outgrown from acne? Does this "outgrowing from acne naturally" usually happen in a certain age or is it totally individual? 

//M

Hi there! I definitely have not grown out of acne unfortunately - I'm almost 28 years old, and if I miss a few days of the regimen, I notice.

I'm using Unblemish regimen by Rodan and Fields.  I highly, highly recommend -there's a 60 day money back guarantee if you are not happy - was almost positive it was just "another" product I was going to try, but it literally changed my skin and life. 🙂