Notifications
Clear all

Can I use AHA+ with only one daily pump of BP?

MemberMember
(@ivxx)

Posted : 04/23/2017 7:49 am

Hi,

I only use 1 pump of BP per day at night as I find this is enough for me to prevent breakouts unless I skip a day. I have a rare condition which causes me to get dehydrated easily including my skin, which the cleanser and treatment of course make worse. As such I have to apply moisturiser several times per day which can be very inconvenient at work, it sounds like AHA+ may help with this (and my scarring) but I've always read that you should only use it with 2 pumps twice per day. As I am only using 1/4 of this dose can I still use the AHA+ or would it be too harsh on my skin? Is there anyway I can incorporate it in to my regimen without increasing my dose of BP?

Many thanks

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/27/2017 2:45 pm

Hi ivxx,

If your skin could not tolerate the AHA+, you may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night. You can try this for a while and then switch back to using AHA+ full strength every 3 nights or so and see how that goes.

You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.