Notifications
Clear all

AHA+ Purging Help

MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 06/27/2016 8:21 am

Hi,

I started using AHA+ about a month ago. I typically use it every 3 nights, and it seems to be helping with my skin texture and red marks. However, after using it 2 nights ago I woke up with 4 red pimples on my cheek which I believe were small closed comedones coming to the surface. Is it normal to purge after a month? In most reviews people purged in the first couple of weeks and then it stopped. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/27/2016 12:39 pm

Yes I'd say that's perfectly normal especially for using it a few times a week. Sometimes even with retinoids people don't break out for a few weeks to a month, even on Accutane some people break out the 2nd or 3rd month. Keep an eye on it but it sounds like it's doing its job definitely, especially if those pimples were previously closed comedones.

Jackiwoj liked
MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 06/28/2016 4:22 am

What else have you done differently recently? Eaten certain food, has life been more stressful or have you started exercising?

1 month of no breakouts sounds like it was something else that triggered the acne instead of the AHA+