Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser alts

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/19/2016 8:19 pm

Hi everyone.

i'm really struggling to find a moisturiser that works for me ... Mostly down to being scared it'll make me break out.

i'm currently on the regimen, but with epiduo once a day instead of bp twice. I use cetaphil face wash, and used cetaphil moisturising cream every day and night for a week but... Found the moisturiser was breaking me out. It was breaking me out on my forehead, a place where I never used epiduo as I never broke out there.

i really want a basic basic noncomedogenic moisturiser for sensitive skin... I was looking at the acne.org one, but according to cosdna.com, the ingrediants arecomedogenic and very irritating?

What moisturisers do you guys use if you don't use acne.org?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/20/2016 12:04 pm

I love using my Cerave moisturizing lotion during the day. It is lightweight and is easily absorbed into the skin. Its fragrance free and I haven't had any issues breaking out with this.

On a slightly more expensive scale is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is targeted for those with oily skin and I love love love this moisturizer so much. I just wish it wasn't that expensive.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/20/2016 3:54 pm

I have found the Cerave PM (one without sunscreen) to be nice. It's a gel - like consistency.
I also have the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream which is good too. My skin is not too reactive to whatever product I put on it, but my best friend has really bad eczema, and she says the First Aid Beauty stuff is the only cream she can put on it without getting a burning feeling. So if you are more prone to reactions that might be a good one to look for - got mine on amazon.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/20/2016 6:46 pm

4 hours ago, CP. said:
I also like to add sunscreen and jojoba oil to this mixture.
Also, if you use liquid foundation, you can mix that in as well to make a tinted moisturizer.

Great tips!!!!! :)

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/20/2016 7:25 pm

I meant that on cosdna the acne.org moisturiser DOES have some very irritating and comedogenic , sorry.

cerave gets a lot of hype.. I guess it's just trying to see which is better.. The lotion, the am, or the pm. I think for now the am would burn my skin too much because of the sunscreen and my sensitive epiduo skin.. (I'd want to add the sunscreen later on when my skin adjusts). So either the pm or lotion...

I've also heard good things about the dramatically different.. Hmm.. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/23/2016 2:19 am

I had been using Cetephil moisturizers for a while but decided to buy the CeraVe cream last week and I love it. I always suggest people try adding jojoba and/or rosehip oil too.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@clareb78)

Posted : 04/23/2016 2:44 am

I'm using la Roche posay effaclar H which is great if you're using drying acne products, it doesn't break me out at all! they have a wide range of stuff aimed at acne prone skin too x x

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 04/23/2016 8:12 am

5 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

I had been using Cetephil moisturizers for a while but decided to buy the CeraVe cream last week and I love it. I always suggest people try adding jojoba and/or rosehip oil too.

Why did you change if you dont mind me asking? And what differences did you find? It seems like cerave is the way to go if cetaphil isnt working out..which cerave do you use?

thanks everyone else for your suggestions! Im so lost and scared with moisturisers! It seems like all products I search for on cosdna are comedogenic in some way... Cetaphil and cerave included

As for la roche posay they actually sell that out here in japan, so i'll look into them!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/24/2016 5:23 am

21 hours ago, Lore91 said:
Why did you change if you dont mind me asking? And what differences did you find? It seems like cerave is the way to go if cetaphil isnt working out..which cerave do you use?

thanks everyone else for your suggestions! Im so lost and scared with moisturisers! It seems like all products I search for on cosdna are comedogenic in some way... Cetaphil and cerave included

As for la roche posay they actually sell that out here in japan, so i'll look into them!

I went to the store for my reup and saw the CeraVe sitting there, so I impulsively decided to go for the cream to use at night. About 20 minutes after using it for the first time I thought it felt more pleasant on my skin, and I looked more hydrated than usual when I woke up the next morning. It is also lighter and absorbs better than cetaphil like somebody already mentioned. As long as I dont break out (nothing so far) I will buy it again.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/24/2016 6:24 pm

13 hours ago, QuanHenry said:
On 4/23/2016 at 9:12 AM, Lore91 said:

I went to the store for my reup and saw the CeraVe sitting there, so I impulsively decided to go for the cream to use at night. About 20 minutes after using it for the first time I thought it felt more pleasant on my skin, and I looked more hydrated than usual when I woke up the next morning. It is also lighter and absorbs better than cetaphil like somebody already mentioned. As long as I dont break out (nothing so far) I will buy it again.

Many swear by CerAve and use successfully...I think you'll be OK!! Good recommendation! :)

MemberMember
(@clareb78)

Posted : 04/26/2016 1:30 am

It's a minefield for us isn't it trying to find something that fits our skin!? Anyway hope you're still having a good time in Japan and good luck!! X x

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 05/10/2016 12:09 am

Thank you so much Clareb!

So I decided to buy the cerave in the tub... I've only used it around my mouth for the past two days and it's SO much more matte, which is amazing to feel after the slimy cetaphil...

I've yet to use it on my entire face yet... but may take the plunge tonight :S I'm just so scared!Ahh!

MemberMember
(@tivent1945)

Posted : 05/11/2016 9:54 am

I find most moisturizers to be too oily for my skin. They just kid of sit on the top of my skin - or so it seems. The one that I have recently found is awesome though. A small company called Ninja Skincareoffers it - it is called the Multi-Plexion Moisturizer. I actually wash my face, then put on their SPF and THEN put on their moisturizer and my skin feels great. it is crazy - I would never ever before applied two different moisturizers for fear of breaking out but their stuff is awesome. Check it out.