Notifications
Clear all

Not Using Sunscreen On A Daily Basis

MemberMember
(@metzell2)

Posted : 02/17/2015 11:16 pm

Hey guys!

I've been using the acne.org regimen for about a month now, and recently, people have been commenting about how tan my face looks and asking if I've gone anywhere on a trip. Honestly, my face feels anything but tan. Whenever I look in the mirror it looks red. This could be due to the fact that the benzoyl peroxide makes your skin more prone to the sun and I haven't been using sunscreen on a daily basis just because it's a pain and makes me look pasty white. Have any of you had a similar experience? Do you have any suggestions? Recommend a certain brand of sunscreen? Anything helps!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/18/2015 9:06 am

Hey there...

Yes, it is important to use a moisturizer with SPF if you are an outdoors person. Here's some info about this, plus some product recommendations.

http://www.acne.org/spf-sunscreen.html

It can take a good month or better for skin to fully adjust to the BP treatment, especially if you have very sensitive skin. My face was red and then pink for well over a month until everything went back to normal. But do pick up a noncomedogenic moisturizer with SPF for days you are outside a lot, this will help protect your skin from the sun.

Good luck! :)