Notifications
Clear all

Hair Bleached Blonde

MemberMember
(@randomname999)

Posted : 02/13/2015 6:45 pm

I've been following the Regimen for ages, and the BP dyed my fringe and eyebrows blonde (normally it's brown). Does anybody know if this BP bleaching can cause long-term effects so that the new hairs that come through are permanently that colour?

I ask because I wear a headband to keep my hair off my face while applying BP, then wash my eyebrows and fringe with some water before putting the headband back on until the BP dries. This has stopped the eyebrows from going blonde but the fringe has stayed noticeably blonde despite having several haircuts since I started to be careful like this. Could I have damaged my hair permanently or am I somehow managing to get BP in there consistently?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/13/2015 10:37 pm

BP can dye your hair, just like any commercial hair dye. In fact, women in the 50s and 60s used to coat their hair with BP and sit in the sun to bleach their hair haha (hence the proverbial "peroxide blonde"). My mother-in-law told me that one. But dyeing your hair does not mean that all future growth will be blond. If one area is staying consistently blond, then BP is getting to it.

MemberMember
(@randomname999)

Posted : 02/14/2015 5:41 am

BP can dye your hair, just like any commercial hair dye. In fact, women in the 50s and 60s used to coat their hair with BP and sit in the sun to bleach their hair haha (hence the proverbial "peroxide blonde"). My mother-in-law told me that one. But dyeing your hair does not mean that all future growth will be blond. If one area is staying consistently blond, then BP is getting to it.

I wonder if running water through my hair after applying the BP is actually just mixing it into the fringe rather than taking any that got in there out... I'll try leaving that bit out, cheers