Notifications
Clear all

Is Anyone Else Noticing A Bad Smell From Recent Moisturizer Orders?

MemberMember
(@mxxnxxoxx)

Posted : 12/03/2014 2:30 am

My last order of moisturizer had a terrible acrid/chemically smell to it. Even the color seemed a bit off, slightly dull greenish yellow rather than the nice bright yellow and it feels tackier after applying it. I contacted the store and they didn't seem to be aware of any problem or reformulation and sent me a replacement. The replacement I just got has the same bad odor and off color. One was from the old style bottle and the other from the new redesign, so I don't think it's the plastic bottle but the actual moisturizer itself.

I can't be the only one noticing this. I've been using the product for many years now and never had a bad bottle but something seems way off. Is anyone else noticing the same thing with their acne.org moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@kentacne-org)

Posted : 12/03/2014 12:09 pm

Hi mxxnxxoxx,

I'm sorry you're experiencing that. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please email support@acne.org and ask for Kent. Alternately, you can give us a call at 1-800-773-7803. I'll make sure we figure out exactly what might be going on.

Kent

MemberMember
(@mxxnxxoxx)

Posted : 12/06/2014 1:05 pm

Hi Kent, did you receive my e-mail? I sent a more detailed e-mail asking to forward to you but the rep did not confirm if she passed it on and just gave me a reply about how it's probably the licochalcone but I have been using your licochalcone moisturizer for quite a long time now and never had this plastic fume-y smell so I'm pretty sure it's not that unless you have switched type or amount.