Notifications
Clear all

No Expiry Date On My Bp?

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 09/12/2014 2:27 pm

I ordered some of Dan's BP (8oz) at the end of July and it didn't have an expiry date on it. I know that BP is usually only good for a few months after it is mixed, and I've been doing the Regimen for 1.5 months now with little to no results.

Is it possible that my BP was expired when shipped to me, or has since expired? A perishable product like this should really have an expiry date on it!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/13/2014 4:01 am

You should find the expiry date stamped into the plastic / the crimp of the tube.

I'm not sure how long the BP stays 'effective' after the expiry date passes. I have found in the past that maybe a month after the expiry date has passed and if I'm still using it, that my skin breaks out a bit more, but I'm also not completely sure as to whether that was to do with the expiry date or if I had happened to be a bit lazy in following the regimen at that time.

Check that you're following all the steps in the regimen as closely as possible / exactly. Remember, you're still fairly early on in using the regimen. It's best to stick with it for 3 to 4 months before deciding that it is / isn't working for you.

Good luck with it all :)

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 09/13/2014 10:02 pm

You should find the expiry date stamped into the plastic / the crimp of the tube.

I'm not sure how long the BP stays 'effective' after the expiry date passes. I have found in the past that maybe a month after the expiry date has passed and if I'm still using it, that my skin breaks out a bit more, but I'm also not completely sure as to whether that was to do with the expiry date or if I had happened to be a bit lazy in following the regimen at that time.

Check that you're following all the steps in the regimen as closely as possible / exactly. Remember, you're still fairly early on in using the regimen. It's best to stick with it for 3 to 4 months before deciding that it is / isn't working for you.

Good luck with it all

Thanks Lilly, I've checked the crimp and there's no expiry date there, just some kind of serial number (40070116). The AHA+ that I've ordered does have an expiry date on the crimp, so I think something weird must have happened with my BP.

I emailed customer service about this and they still haven't gotten back to me... I'll be really upset if it turns out I've been using an expired product this whole time!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/13/2014 11:57 pm

Hmm that is weird - I'd have sworn that's where you'd find an expiry date even for the BP.

Are you able to get a store-bought BP where you live (if you aren't able/wanting to order another BP from the acne.org store) just to see how a product that definitely is not expired works on your skin? I'd still recommend the acne.org BP over any others though - it's the best quality BP I've used. But any other 2.5% BP will be just as effective.

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 09/14/2014 10:56 am

Hmm that is weird - I'd have sworn that's where you'd find an expiry date even for the BP.

Are you able to get a store-bought BP where you live (if you aren't able/wanting to order another BP from the acne.org store) just to see how a product that definitely is not expired works on your skin? I'd still recommend the acne.org BP over any others though - it's the best quality BP I've used. But any other 2.5% BP will be just as effective.

I'm sure the crimp is where the expiry date is supposed to be, but I don't know if I got a tube that was never marked or wasn't supposed to be sent out or something.

I have a prescription from my dermatologist for BenzaClin, which is 5% BP and 1% clindamycin, so I've filled that and I'll use it at night to see if anything changes. It is a lot thicker and absorbs less than the acne.org BP, so I'm hoping that customer service can send me out a new one and I can go forward with that.

Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 09/16/2014 9:31 am

Your expiration is 01/16. It's the last 4 numbers listed on the crimp. So that would be January of 2016.