Notifications
Clear all

Should I Go Back On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@thatguy3)

Posted : 06/05/2014 7:16 am

I have hormonal cystic acne and im 17

I've been on just about every antibiotic and I went on Accutane a few months ago. it helped a lot but it didn't do anything for the acne on my chin, actuall nothing has cleared up the acne on my chin and it hasn't responded to anything. I ran out of Accutane so I stopped taking it(I was only on it for 2 months). I decided since Accutane didn't really work then maybe I should try a healthier way.

I take a multi-vitamin because of all the vitamins and minerals that are good for your skin

I cut out most of the diary. by most I mean I don't get any cow milk from my home.

I took out fluoride because it used to upset my stomach(this was 4 years ago around the time I started breaking out.) so I thought maybe it could be messing with my skin and I switched to a non-fluoride toothpaste.

I already don't eat to much junk or fast food but im still trying to eat healthier. im desperate, im only trying this because I believe this else will work including Accutane. I've even tried aha-creams and that did nothing at all. retinoid creams did nothing. benzol isn't doing anything, etc. so im currently not using any antibiotic or topical cream. I've only been trying this way for maybe 2 weeks and I haven't broken out but im not clearing up so I don't know if I should keep doing this

so should I just go back on Accutane? Is there something you could recommend for hormonal cystic acne?

MemberMember
(@blakehenry)

Posted : 06/05/2014 11:55 am

After years of antibiotics that can do a horrible number on your digestive tract, why not try doing the Hypoallergenic diet?

Also I would recommend a high strength Probiotic(100 billion or more) and Digestive Enzymes to help replenish the good bacteria in your gut.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/15/2014 12:31 pm

I have hormonal cystic acne and im 17

I've been on just about every antibiotic and I went on Accutane a few months ago. it helped a lot but it didn't do anything for the acne on my chin, actuall nothing has cleared up the acne on my chin and it hasn't responded to anything. I ran out of Accutane so I stopped taking it(I was only on it for 2 months). I decided since Accutane didn't really work then maybe I should try a healthier way.

I take a multi-vitamin because of all the vitamins and minerals that are good for your skin

I cut out most of the diary. by most I mean I don't get any cow milk from my home.

I took out fluoride because it used to upset my stomach(this was 4 years ago around the time I started breaking out.) so I thought maybe it could be messing with my skin and I switched to a non-fluoride toothpaste.

I already don't eat to much junk or fast food but im still trying to eat healthier. im desperate, im only trying this because I believe this else will work including Accutane. I've even tried aha-creams and that did nothing at all. retinoid creams did nothing. benzol isn't doing anything, etc. so im currently not using any antibiotic or topical cream. I've only been trying this way for maybe 2 weeks and I haven't broken out but im not clearing up so I don't know if I should keep doing this

so should I just go back on Accutane? Is there something you could recommend for hormonal cystic acne?

A 2 month course of accutane is not a complete course of accutane so you can't say that accutane did not work for you. Most people are still breaking out in the 2nd and 3rd month with clearance in the 4ht-6th month. Also, if you're going to try and clear your acne with diet, you have to be 100% with it as even a little bit of something that you are sensitive to will make you break out so if you're going to cut out dairy, cut out all dairy 100% of the time, junk food/processed food should be cut out 100% of the time too.

I agree with the above poster that antibiotic use could have done a number on you so taking a vitamin and half heartedly trying to eat better won't do much. Come up with a plan, post it here, get some feedback and then follow it 100% of the time for 3-4 months

MemberMember
(@haiyu)

Posted : 07/15/2014 5:08 am

I have severe acne since age 15, now I am 57, still have it.

It troubles me for my entire life, all I know was eating veggies without any meat can stop it, so I am a vegetarian for my entire life.

Now, my son has severe acne too but he doesn't want to stop eating meat, acne all over his face.

This is the miracle pills to cure severe acne and no side effect at all, do it you will know.

1. Eat beta carotene food (such as sweet potatoes or carrot juice), you may also take 35,000 iu beta carotene pill once a day. Your body convert beta carotene to vitamin a as needed, large amount vitamin a can stop producing oil to your skin. Eating too much vitamin a is poisoning, big side effect. Eating beta carotene is safe as your body converts into vitamin a as needed.

2. Eat borage seed oil 1000 mg to balance your hormones, one pill per day. The borage oil contains rich of gamma linolenic acid which can balance your hormones.

3. This is the most important one, put any seed oil (borage seed oil, flax seed oil or grape seed oil) on your face at the night time before sleeping. The above #1 and #2 suggestion make slightly help but putting seed oil on you face contributes big help. Don't worry to put the seed oil on your face, the seed oil contains omega 3 and 6, vitamin e, it won't clog your pores, on the contrary, it cleans your pores. Not only that, the seed oil tells your body "hey, I have too much oil on my face, don't keep produce oil to the face so the hormones will stop sending signal to the produce oil to the face). If you do this, your face will less and less oily during the day time and it cures your acne problem.

I know how frustration it is to have acne on the face, it's hopeless. Give it a try, good luck to you.

Hai