Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@celinae)

Posted : 01/03/2014 7:43 am

Hi All,

Long time lurker here, I have been using Dan's regimen for about a year and my skin is finally clear. Registered this username to ask a question... Does anyone have any up-to-date information about Dan's progress with his sunscreen? I have checked on his blog and elsewhere in the forums but the latest I can find is this post where someone mentions that it's due out before the summer.

Does anyone know what happened? As far as I can tell the sunscreen isn't available!

TIA :)

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/05/2014 2:34 am

He wasn't able to get a formulation to work yet that he liked. So it's probably going to be some time before anything comes out. I highly recommend Lumiplexion sunscreen. I've used it for 20+ years. It's specifically made for acne-prone skin. There is a gel sunscreen $22 and a chemical-free sunscreen, also $22. I use them both. The gel sunscreen has a light moisturizer in it, so it's nice if you don't need too much moisture. The chemical free one has titanium dioxide, so there's a light whitening effect to it. Pamela (owner) will tint it for you if requested. One bottle typically lasts about 6 months. If interested, check out her website or FB page.

MemberMember
(@celinae)

Posted : 01/05/2014 10:12 am

He wasn't able to get a formulation to work yet that he liked. So it's probably going to be some time before anything comes out. I highly recommend Lumiplexion sunscreen. I've used it for 20+ years. It's specifically made for acne-prone skin. There is a gel sunscreen $22 and a chemical-free sunscreen, also $22. I use them both. The gel sunscreen has a light moisturizer in it, so it's nice if you don't need too much moisture. The chemical free one has titanium dioxide, so there's a light whitening effect to it. Pamela (owner) will tint it for you if requested. One bottle typically lasts about 6 months. If interested, check out her website or FB page.

Thanks for the recommendation. I can't find the ingredients listed anywhere for these products, do you know where they might be?

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/06/2014 1:01 pm

I have them on the bottles. If you want to send me a private message with you cell number, I will take a pic of the label for you. Or just tell me what chemical you're looking to see if it has, and I'll let you know. Her products have WAY less ingredients than most. I try to stay away from chemicals, which is why I use the chemical free, but I like the gel sunscreen as well for the moisture. Sometimes I mix a little of each or I mix the chemical free with a little tamanu oil.

MemberMember
(@snydercharles425)

Posted : 01/27/2014 1:45 am

Looking forward to reading through more. Excellent blog.Truly looking forward to find out more.