Notifications
Clear all

Alternative Moisturizer Recommendations

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/10/2013 10:24 am

For those who are using the BP treatment with alternative cleansers/moisturizers, I need recommendations for a new moisturizer.

After eliminating and changing products, I finally realized CeraVe was what was clogging my pores, which is something I'm not prone to. I've tried Cetaphil in the past with the same problem.

I was planning on doing some research on the recommended alternative moisturizers while waiting for my treatment to arrive but it came sooner than I expected. I'm considering Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture for Combo Skin.

My skin responds very well to oils (Maracuja Oil, Argan Oil, etc.) but I don't think it would be the best idea to use those alone by themselves on top of the BP.

Anyone? It'd be much appreciated. :)

MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 10/14/2013 1:05 pm

Unforutnately, I probably won't add much value here. I've had the same problem with moisturizers...it is the most problematic product! Acne.org moisturizer definitely does not break me out. Otherwise, it seems like they all do. unsure.png So I just thought I'd post to say it's hard to find a good one. Hopefully someone can help though!

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/14/2013 9:15 pm

Unforutnately, I probably won't add much value here. I've had the same problem with moisturizers...it is the most problematic product! Acne.org moisturizer definitely does not break me out. Otherwise, it seems like they all do. unsure.png So I just thought I'd post to say it's hard to find a good one. Hopefully someone can help though!

They are! That's why I've only been using natural oils for a long time, but I need an actual moisturizer with The Regimen.

I've been using Neutrogena's Oil-Free for Combo Skin and I'm liking it but I think I'm going to order Dan's Moisturizer when I start running low.

When it comes down to it, Neutrogena's is about 4x the price as Dan's per ounce. crazy.gif

I've heard of people having the yellow/tanning effect from it, but I'm gonna take the chance and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 10/23/2013 7:34 pm

i have been using the Neutrogena oil free moist. combo skin.. its lasting me 3 months and still going.. i used to use just 1 pump.. now 1 pump and a half

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 11/02/2013 9:55 am

i have been using the Neutrogena oil free moist. combo skin.. its lasting me 3 months and still going.. i used to use just 1 pump.. now 1 pump and a half

Only 1 pump over the BP?! I've used it without the Regimen before and 1 pump was all I needed, too. With the BP I need about 6-ish pumps.

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 11/04/2013 7:31 am

Only 1 pump over the BP?! I've used it without the Regimen before and 1 pump was all I needed, too. With the BP I need about 6-ish pumps.

oh wow .. well for you, that small bottle wouldnt work for you...i just need 1 pump and a half

MemberMember
(@clandestine_guy)

Posted : 11/26/2013 9:34 pm

Hey guys I'm looking for info comparing Acne.org moisturizer v. Neutrogena combo skin. I've been using Neutrogena for years but want something that takes care of redness and doesn't look too shiny and tacky. How does Dan's moisturizer compare to Neutro. and does the licocalcone take care of skin redness well? How does Dan's moisturizer look on the skin?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/27/2013 1:54 am

It sucks that cerave and cetaphil break you out, I love those so much and I don't have any issue with clogged pores. However, if I could afford it, I would use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. Doesn't break me out and it moisturizes without feeling oily on your skin. The downside is just that it can cost a pretty penny.

MemberMember
(@cynthia78)

Posted : 11/28/2013 6:00 pm

It sucks that cerave and cetaphil break you out, I love those so much and I don't have any issue with clogged pores. However, if I could afford it, I would use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. Doesn't break me out and it moisturizes without feeling oily on your skin. The downside is just that it can cost a pretty penny.

Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel contains Laureth 4, thought that is a big Acne No No..?

For those who are using the BP treatment with alternative cleansers/moisturizers, I need recommendations for a new moisturizer.

Cicaplast Baume B5, soothing repairing balm by Roche Posay works well for me but is very thick, which helps with the bezoyl peroxide induced dryness, but can make the face look shiny, so I use it at night.

I'm still searching what best to use for daytime.. my research leads me to Bioderma Sensibio Light cream, unfortunately I haven't found it yet where I live, so can't say by experience that it would do the trick.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/05/2013 5:54 am

They don't really break me out so much, but they clog the pores in my t-zone like crazy.

Since this an old post though, I've come to find that they're perfectly fine for me to use over the BP treatment. I just found in the past I can't use them alone without a topical underneath.

I'm currently switching between both (with SPF in the AM of course) because they're interchangeable to me.