Notifications
Clear all

Best Way To Use Aha?

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/24/2013 7:17 pm

Hey! So I just started my 4th week of the Regimen, and plan to start using AHA next week.

I was just wondering if there are different benefits to the two methods of application Dan suggests. He says to either mix it in with the moisturizer or use it 2-3 times a week on its own...is there a difference between those strategies? How do I decide what I want to do?

Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/24/2013 7:55 pm

I do both strategies of Dan. I use AHA alone 2 times a week every night and then the rest of the weeknights I use it with moisturizer. This is basically what I do to get rid of and dry skin and it makes your skin feel like skin again.

I did come to find though that if hyper pigmentation is an issue, it is best to spot treat BEFORE you apply your BP. So after washing my face AM and PM, I dab tiny amounts of AHA on the red marks I have on my face. Then I proceed with the BP and moisturizer after.

hello101 liked
MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/24/2013 7:57 pm

I do both strategies of Dan. I use AHA alone 2 times a week every night and then the rest of the weeknights I use it with moisturizer. This is basically what I do to get rid of and dry skin and it makes your skin feel like skin again.

I did come to find though that if hyper pigmentation is an issue, it is best to spot treat BEFORE you apply your BP. So after washing my face AM and PM, I dab tiny amounts of AHA on the red marks I have on my face. Then I proceed with the BP and moisturizer after.

Oh nice! I'll go for that, then! Is the spot treatment a separate thing? Like, does that count as your AHA application, or do you spot treat when necessary and then mix it with the moisturizer after the BP? Also, how often do you spot treat, as needed/can you spot treat every night if you want?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/24/2013 8:03 pm

Oh nice! I'll go for that, then! Is the spot treatment a separate thing? Like, does that count as your AHA application, or do you spot treat when necessary and then mix it with the moisturizer after the BP? Also, how often do you spot treat, as needed/can you spot treat every night if you want?

My spot treatment does not count as my aha application. I only spot treat when I get a spot or when a spot leaves me with a red mark or something. When the zit or the red mark goes away, that is when I stop. I spot treat AM and PM but I only do the moisturizer + AHA application at nights.

Somehow AHA is just more effective at clearing a zit or red mark when using it under BP. At least for me it does. Other regimen users might have a different opinion.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/24/2013 8:06 pm

My spot treatment does not count as my aha application. I only spot treat when I get a spot or when a spot leaves me with a red mark or something. When the zit or the red mark goes away, that is when I stop. I spot treat AM and PM but I only do the moisturizer + AHA application at nights.

Somehow AHA is just more effective at clearing a zit or red mark when using it under BP. At least for me it does. Other regimen users might have a different opinion.

That is still extremely helpful, thanks so much :D can't wait to see how that works. Using it before the BP sounds like something my skin would take kindly to as well.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/30/2013 11:15 am

I also just thought of something, since my AHA arrived today! :D Should I start off slowly, like 2-3 times a week, or is it not as harsh on your skin as treatments like BP?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 07/30/2013 2:59 pm

I also just thought of something, since my AHA arrived today! biggrin.png Should I start off slowly, like 2-3 times a week, or is it not as harsh on your skin as treatments like BP?

It is drying at first and also stings your skin but after about 3 weeks now of using it i dont even feel a tingle when I use plain AHA, im really surprised at how quickly my skin has adjusted to it because I had such a hard time when I first started using BP.

What you should do is mix it 50/50 with moisturizer and do that every other night, if your skin doesnt feel irritated, red or dry then start using it 50/50 every night with moisturizer or use plain AHA every other night (what I personally do). Just listen to your skin smile.png

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/30/2013 3:08 pm

I also just thought of something, since my AHA arrived today! biggrin.png Should I start off slowly, like 2-3 times a week, or is it not as harsh on your skin as treatments like BP?

It is drying at first and also stings your skin but after about 3 weeks now of using it i dont even feel a tingle when I use plain AHA, im really surprised at how quickly my skin has adjusted to it because I had such a hard time when I first started using BP.

What you should do is mix it 50/50 with moisturizer and do that every other night, if your skin doesnt feel irritated, red or dry then start using it 50/50 every night with moisturizer or use plain AHA every other night (what I personally do). Just listen to your skin smile.png

Great, thanks! :D I'll try that first.