Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer And Spf, Does The Combo Type Matter?

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/10/2013 9:15 am

Hey! Sooo I've been reading certain topics about the moisturizer and how to handle SPF, etc.

I bought Philosophy Hope In A Jar SPF 30. It's expensive, but lasts a long time and is completely non-comedogenic, unlike most of the sunscreens out there. It's great!

Anyway, does it really matter how one applies the sunscreen in the morning? I usually just mix it in with Dan's moisturizer and apply it that way, but I've been reading comments people have made about how you have to apply the sunscreen before, or after, or later in the day, I dunno.

Is there a consensus on what you're supposed to do with SPF? Or am I being anal and does it not really matter?

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 07/10/2013 10:44 am

Just spread a layer on your face. Judging by your picture, you have an olive skin tone, so you'll actually be able to last 15minutes in the sun without any protection.

As your moisturiser is spf30, this means you can stay out in the sun for 450minutes, which is 7 and a half hours, so once that's up, reapply the moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/10/2013 11:30 am

Just spread a layer on your face. Judging by your picture, you have an olive skin tone, so you'll actually be able to last 15minutes in the sun without any protection.

As your moisturiser is spf30, this means you can stay out in the sun for 450minutes, which is 7 and a half hours, so once that's up, reapply the moisturiser.

Okay, thanks! So, are you saying I don't need to mix it with the acne.org moisturizer? I could just add some jojoba to it I suppose.

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 07/11/2013 1:44 am

Is the actual SPF product a moisturiser? If it is, then you don't need to use the Acne.org moisturiser, but if it isn't, then just put it on with the acne.org moisturiser. I don't see why they won't work as long as you put it on your face. Good luck! :)