Notifications
Clear all

Aha Purging - What To Expect

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/07/2013 6:57 pm

Hi, so i finally got the courage to start AHA and my schedule for the first week is to use it every 3 days and then the following week, every 2 days and so on and so forth. i use a drop or 2 mixed in with my moisturizer and rub it all over my face. The thing is that i believe i am purging from this as i have pimples coming in in areas that were previously all clear. I'm not detered yet but what can i expect from the purging process?

How long can it last?

Will my acne get a whole lot worse?

Should i use more BP in these areas?

is my schedule of AHA use appropriate?

Keep in mind that in some areas, like my chin, i am still consistently breaking out. Will this help clear up my stubborn acne.

While i do have red marks, my main purpose of trying AHA is to help this God forsaken dryness

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/08/2013 1:01 am

You are starting really slowly so that's good. I'm not convinced that using such a small amount would cause you to start breaking out...it could be a coincidence, but who knows. My experience with starting using AHA is that I had a small breakout again, mostly on my forehead but once that cleared up after a week or 2, I noticed that all the small under-skin bumps had gone, so it was getting the last bit of acne up to the surface. I started with a lot more AHA than what you are doing though, but in hindsight i think slow is always good.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2013 4:46 am

Thanks Aye Aye - praying for the best. It burned so bad last night which was weird cause the first night i tried it, no problem. Will keep at it though and let you guys know how it works out.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:14 pm

Thanks Aye Aye - praying for the best. It burned so bad last night which was weird cause the first night i tried it, no problem. Will keep at it though and let you guys know how it works out.

I've been using the aha mixed with moisturizer every 2-3 nights. I do have a little breakout from it. Its driving me crazy cuz I was soo clear up to a week back. But I noticed its calm down and I'm not so freaked out anymore lol.

I haven't started using it by itself as yet. Don't think my face is ready for it cuz I noticed those brown patches of dry skin is back.

How's it working for u?