Notifications
Clear all

Aha - How Often To Use?

MemberMember
(@annie3131)

Posted : 02/21/2013 10:28 am

Hi guys!

This is my first post here, although Ive been using Dans products for several months now. My breakouts are generally mild-severe, but are almost always in the form of whiteheads; sometimes small & manageable, other times they get to be huge and can last for days before finally drying out from the BP. I recently purchased Dans AHA moisturizer after reading great reviews on here. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks so far. The first week, it was great. I used it once a day, at night, after washing my face and applying BP. Im now in the 2nd week of using it, and Im noticing some breakouts on my chin (which is where I tend to break out anyway). A few tiny whiteheads and then two fairly large, inflamed whiteheads. Has anyone experienced this type of break out during week 2 of AHA? Should I keep using it? Ive been using it every night even though it stings each time! but am wondering if thats overdoing it Any thoughts are welcome!

MemberMember
(@g5club)

Posted : 02/21/2013 11:52 am

I use AHA at night. I add about 1 tsp with one pump of the moisterizer and 6 drops of the jojoba oil. If I know I'm not going anywhere during the day then I'll also use it in the morning. Make sure you let your face dry completely after the cleansing and treatment step. I use a LOT of treatment cream so it takes a while for it to soak in. The AHA started off stinging really bad. So I cut back to a couple drops mixed in with moisterizer and then worked my way up to 1 tsp. It doesn't sting anymore. I haven't had any breakouts since I quit using my well water ..I don't use Dan's cleanser since it would require rinsing off with our well water. I use Dickinson's witch hazel cleansing pads and still wait for my face to dry before applying the treatment cream.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 8:22 pm

Hi guys!

This is my first post here, although Ive been using Dans products for several months now. My breakouts are generally mild-severe, but are almost always in the form of whiteheads; sometimes small & manageable, other times they get to be huge and can last for days before finally drying out from the BP. I recently purchased Dans AHA moisturizer after reading great reviews on here. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks so far. The first week, it was great. I used it once a day, at night, after washing my face and applying BP. Im now in the 2nd week of using it, and Im noticing some breakouts on my chin (which is where I tend to break out anyway). A few tiny whiteheads and then two fairly large, inflamed whiteheads. Has anyone experienced this type of break out during week 2 of AHA? Should I keep using it? Ive been using it every night even though it stings each time! but am wondering if thats overdoing it Any thoughts are welcome!

I started using AHA into my 5th week of the regimen. Though I don't use Dan's AHA, I use a 10% Glycolic Acid Gel I got locally in the Philippines. I combine half of that with my moisturizer and jojoba oil. I do this every night and have seen great results. I think mixing them also takes a lot of the sting out.

Though I couldn't tell you anything about Dan's AHA, my guess is you are not using enough BP.