Notifications
Clear all

Clear - Is It Worth Trying Out The Aha?

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/10/2013 10:18 am

So, I'm currently in a position where I have no actives at all - only red/brown marks from previous acne and one or two clogged pores at a time. The marks are fading quite well on their own with time, sunscreen and mineral makeup. I do wonder though if AHA would help speed up the process a bit.

I've heard a lot of people talking about initial breakouts - I know I might still be acne prone, but could this happen to somebody who has their acne completley under control?

I've already bought some of Dan's AHA for the back of my legs and my shoulders, I'm just wondering if it would be helpful to fade the hyperpigmentation on my face, or if the risk of getting acne again isn't worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

These are some photographs of before I got clear and now:

bec1_zps7fd6300f.jpg

bec2_zps19b6d7b5.jpg

MemberMember
(@julisss)

Posted : 01/10/2013 11:28 am

Wow, your skin looks pretty. Why don't you start applying it in a small patch first and see your skin's reaction to it?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/11/2013 2:27 am

I was almost clear when I started using AHA+ and it didnt cause me to break out at all. In fact within a couple of weeks my skin was glowing. I say give it a go, im sure you wont regret it.

Congrats on your progress so far :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/11/2013 8:06 am

Wow, your skin looks pretty. Why don't you start applying it in a small patch first and see your skin's reaction to it?

Thankyou so much :) That's the first time I've heard that in almost two years. That also sounds like a really very good idea - I might try it out on my arm first then move on to my forehead, where I can cover any reaction with hair if needs be.

I was almost clear when I started using AHA+ and it didnt cause me to break out at all. In fact within a couple of weeks my skin was glowing. I say give it a go, im sure you wont regret it.

Congrats on your progress so far smile.png

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing your experience :) You look lovely in your picture by the way. Thanks very much, I'm so much happier now. I can't wait until these marks fade.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:03 pm

I'm so happy for you! Your skin looks amazing! Are you wearing makeup in that pic? Because if that's your bare skin...wow. Beautiful. :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/11/2013 12:27 pm

Thankyou wub.png You're really kind. I have powder on my eyebags and eyeliner and mascara on. It makes a huge difference from all the blends of foundation I used to put on. :) And my taller friends are lots happier now - no face inprints on their shirts from hugs! blush.png

MemberMember
(@freddyharte)

Posted : 01/12/2013 4:12 pm

Congrats! Looking great.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/13/2013 10:55 am

Thankyou :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 02/04/2013 1:19 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I started using the AHA four days ago and here's where I'm up too now:

acneorg2_zps3c62c9cf.jpg

acneorg3_zps71f63e46.jpg

acneorg5_zpsc18eaafe.jpg

acneorg4_zps4118dffe.jpg

I'm really pleased with the results thus far.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/04/2013 8:29 pm

Holy cow, your skin looks amazing. I'm so excited for you.....:D

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/14/2013 10:41 am

Keep it up!!! Skin is looking amazing!!! WOOHOOOOOO FOR AHA!!!! :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 04/18/2013 1:03 pm

The marks are fading really nicely now. I can only use the AHA once in a while because I get irritation bumps if I use it too often.

MemberMember
(@mybelle93)

Posted : 05/10/2013 7:25 pm

The marks are fading really nicely now. I can only use the AHA once in a while because I get irritation bumps if I use it too often.

Wow! BEautiful. AHA's are the only thing that worked for me. I started with a 12% lactic acid from local pharmacy and now use Glycoderma (25% Glycolic Acid) Complete CAre Revitalizing Cream that I buy online at Amazon. Do you think that the breakouts are actually what was left under your skin from past acne? I only had a one-time but seriously bad case of deep cystic acne (lucky me) but as my face cleared so quickly and looked awesome, it still broke out as well because it seemed to reveal what was underneath (deep under). They say it looks worse before it gets better. I've been using for a few months and mostly all cleared except for a couple spots that were really really deep. It feels good to know that my skin is completely clear. Maybe yours wasn't the same type of case. Stopped and read your post because your skin looked amazing. Knew it had to be AHAs :)

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/11/2013 6:36 am

Seems like you have it all sorted. Only reason I wanted to post is to say how jealous I am of your amazing skin. Congrats!

MemberMember
(@gillianbb)

Posted : 05/14/2013 9:43 pm

Thats amazing result.You just spend 4 days with AHA and you goy amazing result.I wanna know how you use aha in the beginning .coz I just get my aha and i just mix a pea size of aha with moisture and few drops of jojoba oil. And I decide to use it once in two days

Is it ok

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2013 4:35 am

I am totally jealous!! Your skin looks amazing! Like there was no acne in the first place. :)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/16/2013 6:25 pm

Your skin is looking flawless! Such a nice glow to it. I just ordered the AHA myself, it'll be arriving in a few days...definitely worth trying, I figure!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 05/16/2013 7:01 pm

looks really good!

I once tried a product for fading pigmentation scars with AHA and salicylic acid, it was too irritating but I now know I am allergic to salicylates. I may try AHA alone to fade my remaining marks.

Good for you, go celebrate wub.png