Notifications
Clear all

Dan Aha

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 11/30/2012 5:36 pm

So I have been using the regimen for about a week already. I been reading about the aha and it looks like it works for people. Should I start using it? It said you should waif 4-6 weeks until you should use it so u can get use to the bp. But I been using proactive for like 3 months before switching to dkr. I am pretty use to the bp, it dosent burn my skin or anything so should I start using the aha?

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/01/2012 11:41 am

Anybody?eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@beingclear)

Posted : 12/02/2012 11:10 am

Hi Syrupop

I switched from Proactiv, too. It's been about 5 weeks for me since I've been on the Regimen. However, the amount of BP I used on the proactiv system is not close to the amount of BP I use on the regimen, even though both BP treatment solutions are similar. And so, I needed several weeks to gradually get used to the full dose of 4ml BP required on the regimen. I think I'm now ready to start AHA+.

But, if you were using large doses of BP before starting the Regimen, maybe your skin is ready for AHA+. 4ml of BP is like a teaspoon. I use the length of my finger and make sure that the BP is in a thick line.

The proactiv BP treatment and the Acne.org BP treatment are so similar, minus the fragrance and cost of Proactiv (you get so much more for your $$$ with Acne.org products). But, after months of Proactiv with little to no difference, the Regimen has clearly produced noticable results in 5 weeks for me. It's obvious to me that the difference has everything to do with the BP dose, not the product itself. So make sure you get up to high doses of BP morning and night!

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/02/2012 1:10 pm

Hi Syrupop

I switched from Proactiv, too. It's been about 5 weeks for me since I've been on the Regimen. However, the amount of BP I used on the proactiv system is not close to the amount of BP I use on the regimen, even though both BP treatment solutions are similar. And so, I needed several weeks to gradually get used to the full dose of 4ml BP required on the regimen. I think I'm now ready to start AHA+.

But, if you were using large doses of BP before starting the Regimen, maybe your skin is ready for AHA+. 4ml of BP is like a teaspoon. I use the length of my finger and make sure that the BP is in a thick line.

The proactiv BP treatment and the Acne.org BP treatment are so similar, minus the fragrance and cost of Proactiv (you get so much more for your $$$ with Acne.org products). But, after months of Proactiv with little to no difference, the Regimen has clearly produced noticable results in 5 weeks for me. It's obvious to me that the difference has everything to do with the BP dose, not the product itself. So make sure you get up to high doses of BP morning and night!

yea i have been using the regimen for only a week and i am seeing major differences. Proactiv made my face so red and itchy that i couldn't stand it anymore. Their cleanser and treatment had 2.5%bp in it mabey thats why my face got so irritated.

MemberMember
(@beingclear)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:04 pm

yea i have been using the regimen for only a week and i am seeing major differences. Proactiv made my face so red and itchy that i couldn't stand it anymore. Their cleanser and treatment had 2.5%bp in it mabey thats why my face got so irritated.

You will go through the "red and itchy" phase on the regimen too, probably more than on Proactive. Just read some of the posts on these boards. But even if you can't stand it, you just have to stick it out. I've read of people taking pain killers at night because of an inability to sleep from pain on their faces. The common theme throughout is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Your face will get accustomed to the high dose of BP and it will clear up. That's what I keep telling myself. Be religious and methodical about it, and you will certainly see success.

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:26 pm

You will go through the "red and itchy" phase on the regimen too, probably more than on Proactive. Just read some of the posts on these boards. But even if you can't stand it, you just have to stick it out. I've read of people taking pain killers at night because of an inability to sleep from pain on their faces. The common theme throughout is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Your face will get accustomed to the high dose of BP and it will clear up. That's what I keep telling myself. Be religious and methodical about it, and you will certainly see success.

Actually on dan regimen my face is not really itchy or red. it dosent really iritated me as much as proactiv. well i apply the bp on my face it feels fresher than the proactiv one.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:47 pm

My advice to you would be to hold off using the AHA just yet. You are only in the first week and its not usually till the second week that most people run into problems with painful, red, dry itchy skin. I would suggest that you use AHA a week after you have been using the full dose (2 pumps) of BP for a week with minimum adverse reactions.

You may find (as I did) that you have another breakout when you first start to use AHA but it should help with flakiness and texture of your skin, but help to get rid of any blocked pores you may still have.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@syrupop)

Posted : 12/05/2012 11:46 pm

My advice to you would be to hold off using the AHA just yet. You are only in the first week and its not usually till the second week that most people run into problems with painful, red, dry itchy skin. I would suggest that you use AHA a week after you have been using the full dose (2 pumps) of BP for a week with minimum adverse reactions.

You may find (as I did) that you have another breakout when you first start to use AHA but it should help with flakiness and texture of your skin, but help to get rid of any blocked pores you may still have.

Good luck!

Do you think i can add some jojoba oil to the aha? Or should i use the aha and then use some moisturizer with jojoba oil in it? eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:02 am

Once you've been on the regimen for about 6 weeks and you are mostly clear, you can begin to incorporate AHA... Once you do, START SLOWLY!! Just like BP, AHA can really irritate your skin, so you have to start off w/a tiny amount and see how your skin reacts to it... My suggestion is to add one drop of AHA to your regular amount of moisturizer every 3 days for the first week, then gradually and slowly step up the amount and frequency of AHA drops you add to your moisturizer... AHA works best when mixed with a moisturizer, though some DKR users can use it alone (not recommended for a beginner)...

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:55 am

I started off on 5% BP. Very uncomfortable, but pain killers? Nah.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 01/18/2013 12:02 pm

Hi Syrupop

I agree when you say its about the BP dose. I have been on the regimen for about 6 weeks, i got consistently clear about a week so i thought i could reduce my BP dose. i was proven wrong by 5 pimples on my forehead, 2 on my chin, and one on the side of my cheek about a day after i lowered my dose. bumped it back up and im clear again! skin still a bit dry but im not as flaky anymore yay! :)

on that note, i am waiting for my next shipment, and this time i added AHA. how do you guys suggest I start using it? sucks that i may go through a breakout phase again but you gotta do what you gotta do right? what else should i expect when i start using aha?