Notifications
Clear all

Bp Possibly Linked To New Moles?

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 10/06/2012 1:48 am

Hello,

I have spotted multiple (3) new moles on my face, and I'm worried about their origin. I've been using BP for about 4 months now, with short periods of neglecting the correct regimen. At first I had 5% solution prescribed by dermatologist, but after being dissatisfied with results I bought Dan's products. Honestly, I have totally not used any sun screen at all, but I'm not a "sun exposing" type of person neither, so exposure is limited.

Could my new moles be caused by using benzoyl perxoide? Or is it a by-product of decreased sun immunity? Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/06/2012 3:19 pm

If moles run in your family, they tend to come out in time as you age. You aren't generally born with a lot of moles but you'll notice as time goes on and you get older moles will pop up.

I've not see anything in the literature to link bp to moles. Seems a stretch to me.

In any case, you should definitely be more careful about sun exposure.

clambak3 liked
MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:43 pm

Thank you for your answer,

and sorry for the long time delay I am responding after. Honestly, I might have been not careful enough during the summer, there's no excuse for that. But I also think that the new black spots formed during fall. I am not sure how hyperpigmentation looks, but the moles/black spots I have are clearly small black circles. At the moment, I am trying to find natural substitutes for BP, as I have read about it's side effects.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/24/2012 6:31 pm

Thank you for your answer,

and sorry for the long time delay I am responding after. Honestly, I might have been not careful enough during the summer, there's no excuse for that. But I also think that the new black spots formed during fall. I am not sure how hyperpigmentation looks, but the moles/black spots I have are clearly small black circles. At the moment, I am trying to find natural substitutes for BP, as I have read about it's side effects.

They are either moles or Solar lentigos ("liver spots"), which form after UV sun exposure. Either way, you need to wear SPF! Sun damage over time can cause discolorations, especially in darker skin types where hyperpigmentation is prevalent.

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:32 am

They are either moles or Solar lentigos ("liver spots"), which form after UV sun exposure. Either way, you need to wear SPF! Sun damage over time can cause discolorations, especially in darker skin types were hyperpigmentation is prevalent.

Thank you for warning. I'll make sure to be more careful in future. The reason I was rather reluctant to buy SPF is that I don't live in USA and I already had to pay a lot to get basic Regimen stuff imported.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/26/2012 1:35 am

They are either moles or Solar lentigos ("liver spots"), which form after UV sun exposure. Either way, you need to wear SPF! Sun damage over time can cause discolorations, especially in darker skin types were hyperpigmentation is prevalent.

Thank you for warning. I'll make sure to be more careful in future. The reason I was rather reluctant to buy SPF is that I don't live in USA and I already had to pay a lot to get basic Regimen stuff imported.

Can you get sunscreens easily in your country? You'll often find a variety of them in local drugstores. Pick a sunscreen with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and has an SPF of at least 30, preferably 50+. Reapply when needed.

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 11/26/2012 6:57 am

Yeah, that shouldn't be really a problem. I was discouraged by my financial situation at the time, that's what contributed mostly to leaving the sunscreen out... Thanks for advice, I will be happily sun-screening myself from now on.