Notifications
Clear all

Curious about shipping costs...

MemberMember
(@vanityyy)

Posted : 02/25/2011 3:07 am

So I just ordered the 16 oz BP for the first time (gonna try to get moisturizer and cleanser from the drugstore). Can anyone tell me if that $13something for shipping was for a medium flat rate box? And if so, couldn't just one product fit in a smaller box? I love the product, but paying $13 for shipping and handling is ridiculous.

Also, has anyone bought it from amazon.com (still sold by acne.org)? Is the shipping cheaper? I think I read on here someone had bought it from Amazon, but it costs $36 on Amazon and $32 on acne.org.

/sigh. This stuff is the only thing that has worked for my skin and, even though I am aware they are a better value given the ingredients and sheer amount of product than some of the alternatives out there, these prices are getting me down.

MemberMember
(@johnk38)

Posted : 02/25/2011 3:15 am

I was going to order two bottles of AHA, and noticed it was $3-4 cheaper off amazon. I was really only looking to prepare in a couple weeks when it's safe for me to use Dan's AHA. Not complaining though.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 02/25/2011 9:24 am

I'm pretty sure it's the medium flat rate box. Shippers work out deals with couriers like USPS so that they can keep a stock of boxes on hand for packaging. In this case, it seems like the boxes Acne.org's distributors use are the medium flat rate boxes.

MemberMember
(@vanityyy)

Posted : 02/25/2011 9:27 am

I'm pretty sure it's the medium flat rate box. Shippers work out deals with couriers like USPS so that they can keep a stock of boxes on hand for packaging. In this case, it seems like the boxes Acne.org's distributors use are the medium flat rate boxes.

Would it be possible for them to get some of the smaller boxes?

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 02/25/2011 9:29 am

Would it be possible for them to get some of the smaller boxes?

Dunno. You could try contacting them to ask: http://www.acne.org/contactus.php

MemberMember
(@cherubie)

Posted : 02/25/2011 1:02 pm

The shipping for acne.org is a little concerning too. It's really hard to believe that $14 shipping domestic is actually necessary. I've shipped out several textbooks in 1 box before, weight a LOT more than 1 16oz BP bottle for less than that price. Also, it seems weird that on Amazon, you pay LESS for shipping, but yet the price of the products are raised so you end up paying the same amount as ordering for acne.org.

Anyways, I'm going to return the 16oz BP in the same box it came in. I'll let others know what I ended up paying to ship it back. I'm going to take a wild guess though that it won't cost me $14 at the post office. Heck, I ordered from a vitamin store a 32oz Dr. woods soap (same size as Dr. Bronner's soap bottle) for $5 shipping.

Note: I'm not trying to put down acne.org. The products are great, and customer service is very good. But its shipping price is one of the highest I've seen from orders online.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 02/25/2011 4:07 pm

The shipping for acne.org is a little concerning too. It's really hard to believe that $14 shipping domestic is actually necessary. I've shipped out several textbooks in 1 box before, weight a LOT more than 1 16oz BP bottle for less than that price. Also, it seems weird that on Amazon, you pay LESS for shipping, but yet the price of the products are raised so you end up paying the same amount as ordering for acne.org.

Anyways, I'm going to return the 16oz BP in the same box it came in. I'll let others know what I ended up paying to ship it back. I'm going to take a wild guess though that it won't cost me $14 at the post office. Heck, I ordered from a vitamin store a 32oz Dr. woods soap (same size as Dr. Bronner's soap bottle) for $5 shipping.

Note: I'm not trying to put down acne.org. The products are great, and customer service is very good. But its shipping price is one of the highest I've seen from orders online.

Are you going to use the exact same shipping method, for comparison's sake, or are you going to use the least expensive shipping option, bearing in mind that cheaper shipping usually has longer transit times? Just curious. : )

MemberMember
(@vanityyy)

Posted : 02/26/2011 1:39 am

Also, it seems weird that on Amazon, you pay LESS for shipping, but yet the price of the products are raised so you end up paying the same amount as ordering for acne.org.

I think that's weird too, since Dan claims he doesn't make any money off of shipping the products. Why are they more expensive on Amazon?

MemberMember
(@vanityyy)

Posted : 02/26/2011 1:44 am

Are you going to use the exact same shipping method, for comparison's sake, or are you going to use the least expensive shipping option, bearing in mind that cheaper shipping usually has longer transit times? Just curious. : )

I would gladly wait longer and pay less if that were an option. What shipping method do they use with the $5 kit shipping? It says it takes 2-10 days, but I didn't see that on the other shipping options.

They should offer that to everyone.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 02/26/2011 9:27 pm

I would gladly wait longer and pay less if that were an option. What shipping method do they use with the $5 kit shipping? It says it takes 2-10 days, but I didn't see that on the other shipping options.

They should offer that to everyone.

You'd have to ask them. *shrugs*

MemberMember
(@cherubie)

Posted : 03/03/2011 4:52 pm

I haven't gotten a chance to ship back the product yet. Plus, I'm still in my "trial" period of acnescript, so I don't want to return Dan's BP just yet in case acnescript fails, I'll have a back up.

As far as the shipping method, my box (which again, I ordered from Amazon) says "UPS Ground". Judging from the shipping last time I ordered from acne.org, however, I would assume it's either UPS ground or USPS 1st class. Anything more expensive than that is usually expedited (2-3 days) or overnight. I have NEVER gotten my product from acne.org (I live in NYC) in 2 days, so no way in this world is it expedited.

Anyhow, if it makes you guys feel better, you're STILL getting a deal out of buying from Dan's. If you live in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area, there are Kaiser Permanente (an insurance company) that has its own pharmacy. I've seen a relatively big tube of BP there for like $7 or something. You could try that instead.

Edit: for the skeptics, I definitely don't work for Kaiser (hah! I wish!).

MemberMember
(@cherubie)

Posted : 04/04/2011 9:25 pm

So I FINALLY got around to shipping out my return package of the huge BP bottle (I think it's 16oz?). Anyways, using USPS, media/standard shipping was $3.27 with delivery confirmation. I used the same box it originally came in, and sent everything back including the foam. From the confirmation email DanielKern.com sends out, they ship via First Class, so maybe that's why it was more money. Anyways, just wanted to let it be known that it seriously does not need to cost $10 or whatever the shipping cost is to send out a 16oz bottle, at least there are cheaper alternatives.

MemberMember
(@roxanajuliaxox)

Posted : 05/15/2013 11:58 am

Does anyone know how much is the UK shipping? I can't find it anywhere :(

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/15/2013 4:20 pm

Please email @acne.org" rel="external nofollow">support@acne.org for shipping related questions.

Does anyone know how much is the UK shipping? I can't find it anywhere sad.png