Fiber flush

MemberMember
(@lauryn)

Posted : 03/25/2005 1:26 am

have you tried any?

MemberMember
(@lauryn)

Posted : 03/25/2005 1:27 am

We believe the body, if given the tools, can manage itself. It doesn't need to be tricked or manipulated by starvation, strange foods or gimmicky exercise devices. We maintain nature provides all the elements the human body needs to balance itself-and balance results in Personal Optimal Health! After years of study and research in nutritional science, Enrich has developed a synergistic program around the basic functions of the body (clearing, balancing and building). Clear, Balance, Build products combine traditional wisdom with scientifically validated, cutting-edge ingredient isolation and formulation to bring you unique fitness-management tools.

Vancouver, June 1996. Radio bulletins warn consumers to wash California strawberries particularly carefully. The reason: cyclospora infestation.

Banff, 1980s. Water-borne parasite responsible for "beaver fever" (severe abdominal cramps and diarrhea) wreaks havoc on popular tourist destination. Residents and tourists forced to boil water for drinking, cooking and washing food and dishes.

Milwaukee, 1993. An epidemic of gastrointestinal illnesses, including diarrhea and nausea hits over 400,000 citizens. The source: cryptosporidium in tap water

We have been under the delusion that parasites are only a problem in developing countries or the tropics. Recent medical research, however, suggests three out of five North Americans will be infected by parasites at some point in their lives.' Living off the human body, these tiny organisms can contribute to a variety of acute and chronic illnesses, often going undetected, reproducing themselves year after year, technically, any organism that lives off another host organism can be defined as "parasitic." However, the term "parasite" refers specifically to those protozoa (single-cell organisms), anthropods (insects) and worms that invade and feed off host organisms, often causing harm. Illness can result when disease-promoting parasites, which frequently contaminate food and water supplies, are ingested. Parasites can also infest the skin, as with scabies and lice, or can enter the bloodstream through insect bites, as with malaria and yellow fever parasites. They can deplete the body of essential nutrients, taxing and overwhelming the immune system. In North America, the most common human parasites, apart from head lice, are the microscopic protozoa! Variety, which can be transmitted by air, food, water, insects, animals or other people. These tiny parasites include:

Giardia lamblia - a virulent form found in contaminated lakes, streams and oceans is a common cause of travellers' diarrhea.

Entamovba oisiolyiica - causes dysentery and may injure the liver and lungs.

Blastocystic bominis - increasingly linked to acute and chronic illness.

Dientamoeba fragilis - associated with diarrhea, abdominal pains, anal pruritis (intense itching sensation of the anus) and loose stools.

Cryptosporidium - currently the leading cause of waterborne illness in North America.' It has been found in 80 percent of surface water samples and 28 percent of drinking water samples.

Parasites and worms feed off toxins and waste material in the body. If the body is clean, the scavengers have nothing to live on. Paraway has been formulated with both primary and secondary herbs to nourish the body as it safely clears itself.

Black Walnut - The presence of tannins (complex substances, the molecules of which seem to be built up from a simple phenol acid) or the quinone compound juglone (bitter crystalline alkaloid) in black walnut hulls, is key to its use in malaria therapy and expelling worms.

Pumpkin Seed - is an excellent organic source of zinc. Zinc is a cofactor in numerous enzymatic processes and reactions, basic to the body's ability to expel parasites.

Cloves - Clove oil demonstrated in-vitro antibacterial activity against Bacillus subtilis (one cause of food poisoning). Other susceptible organisms are E-coli, pseudomonas aurginosa and Staphylococcus aureus.

Garlic - probably the most well-recognized herb. It is used all over the world and its applications are as varied as its geographical distribution. The chemistry and pharmacology of garlic is well-studied; over one thousand research papers have been published on the herb in the past 25 years. Among its many values, the sulphur content in garlic is used to kill intestinal worms and parasites.

MemberMember
(@lauryn)

Posted : 03/25/2005 1:29 am

Dietary fiber is divided into two categories...soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. Both types of fiber are beneficial to our bodies. Studies indicate that soluble fiber may help reduce blood cholesterol, while the insoluble fiber passes quickly through the digestive system and helps clear the colon of toxins and other wastes. Fiber can assist weight loss goals by providing a "full" feeling. The National Cancer Society recommends 25-30 grams of fiber per day. The typical North American diet consists of only 8-10 grams of daily fiber.

Fiber can assist in weight management goals by providing a "full" feeling. Studies indicate that soluble fiber may help reduce blood cholesterol , while insoluble fiber passes quickly through the digestive system and helps clear the colon of toxins and other wastes. Dietary fiber acts as if it had zero calories and is found only in plant sources.

Alfalfa, Herb. Alkalizes and detoxifies the body. Acts as a diuretic, eases inflammation, lowers cholesterol, and balances hormones. Good for anemia, bleeding-related disorders, bone and joint disorders, colon and digestive disorders. Black Walnut, Herb. Oxygenates the blood to kill parasites. It is used to help balance sugar levels and it is also able to burn up excessive toxins and fatty material. Buchu, Herb. May be of benefit to treat infections of the lower urinary tract in irritable bladder, and as a disinfectant and diuretic. Burdock, Herb. Has been shown to be one of the best blood purifiers. It may help reduce swelling around joints and helps rid calcification deposits, as it promotes kidney function to help clear the blood of harmful acids. Caa' Inhem, Food. A natural sweetener, much like stevia. Cayenne, Herb. Also known as Capsicum. Increases the power of all herbs and has been traditionally used as a support for the intestinal system. Has been shown to be helpful to rebuild tissue in the stomach and assists in healing stomach and intestinal ulcers. Has been shown to have thermogenic properties. Chickweed, Herb. A soothing, cooling, slightly saline herb that relieves itching, promotes healing, and has alternative, antiheumatic effects. Cinnamon, Herb. Aids in breaking down fats for proper utilization and digestion. Cloves, Herb. Has antiseptic and antiparasitic qualities. Aids the digestive tract. Corn Silk, Herb. Used for complaints of the bladder. Has a cleansing effect on the circulation of urea and is valuable in the treatment of renal and cystic inflammations. Dandelion, Herb. Cleanses the bloodstream and liver, and increases production of bile. Used as a diuretic. Also may reduce serum cholesterol and uric acid. May aid in the prevention of age spots. Echinacea, Herb. Stimulates certain white blood cells and has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Good for the immune system and the lymphatic system. Useful for colic, colds, flu, and other infectious illnesses. False Unicorn, Herb. Has been shown to help normalize ovaries and has oestrogenic benefits. Helps with female problems and the reproductive system. Fenugreek, Herb. Has the ability to soften and dissolve hardened masses of accumulated mucus. It helps to expel toxic waste through the lymphatic system. Garlic, Herb. Research has shown that garlic helps to lower blood pressure, serum cholesterol levels, and aids in digestion. It is a potential immune stimulant and a natural antibiotic. It may be useful against fungal infections, including athlete's foot, candidiasis, and yeast vaginitis. It may also destroy certain viruses such as those associated with fever blisters, genital herpes, smallpox and a type of influenza. Ginger, Herb. Calms the stomach, promotes bile flow to help digestion of fat, helps with flatulence, indigestion and nausea. Grapefruit Seed Extract, Herb. Grapefruit seed is well known as an antifungal agent. It kills many different types of parasites and assists the body in producing good bacteria. It has been shown to be helpful for strep, staph, salmonella, e.coli, candida, herpes, influenza, parasites, fungi and traveler's diarrhea, and is used as an antibiotic, antifungal, antiprotozoan, antiviral, antiseptic and disinfectant. Guar Gum, Herb. Guar Gum is a dietary fiber and stabilizer from the seed of the Guar plant. Hibiscus, Herb. Used as a gentle laxative, diuretic, and to dissolve phlegm, with no known risks. Licorice Root, Herb. Cleanses the colon, decreases muscular spasms, increases fluidity of mucus in the lungs and bronchial tubes, and promotes adrenal gland function. Stimulates the production of interferon. Beneficial for allergic disorders, asthma, chronic fatigue, emphysema, fever, herpes virus infection, hypoglycemia, and inflammatory bowel disorders. This herb should not be taken during pregnancy, and should not be taken for more than 7 days in a row. Marshmallow, Herb. Contains mucilage which helps aid the expectorant influence of difficult phlegm and helps relax the bronchial tubes while soothing and healing. Valuable for all lung ailments. Peppermint, Herb. Has a warming oil that is as effective as a nerve stimulant. The oil brings oxygen into the blood stream.This herb cleans and strengthens the entire body. Psyllium Seed , Nutrient. A dietary fiber, psyllium is the husk of the seed from a shrub that grows in India and the Mediterranean. It may be the single most effective dietary ingredient for lowering serum cholesterol. Red Raspberry, Herb. One of the most renowned and proven herbs for women, especially during pregnancy. It helps with nausea, helps prevent hemorrhage, and reduces pain and ease of childbirth. Wonderful for children to use for colds, diarrhea, colic and fevers. Rhubarb, Herb. A mild stimulating tonic to the liver, gall ducts and mucus membranes in the intestines. It acts as a laxative, clearing intestinal irritants and checking diarrhea with its astringent action. Slippery Elm, Herb. Has the ability to neutralize stomach acidity and to absorb foul gases. It aids in the digestion of milk. Acts as a buffer against irritations and inflammations of the mucus membranes. Draws out impurities and heals all parts of the body. Uva Ursi, Herb. As the body burns fat during weight loss, toxins stored in the fat are released in a process known as detoxification. Uva ursi helps to remove these toxins from the bladder and kidneys, and helps prevent urinary tract infection from developing during detoxification. Uva ursi is also well known for its ability to remove excess sugar from the blood. Yucca, Herb. Acts as a blood purifier. Aids in breaking down fats for proper utilization and digestion. Beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, osteoporosis, and inflammatory disorders.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/19/2015 11:03 pm

Fiber is indeed important with a lot of people's acne. I got a food sensitivoty test, and most of the foods that tested good to eat were high in fiber. I took TWO shits today. Im on the toilet right now as I type this. When I was younger, I didnt shit that often. I once held my shit in for an entire month. I'm not certain, but I might have broken that record a couple months or years later by holding it in for 1 and a half months. But I'm not certain about the second one.

I think my body is getting rid of all the BS in my system. I have been diagnosed with chronic constipation, which means there is poop around my body. Not only is my skin clearing by avoiding those other foods, but the foods I'm eating are probably getting rid of the shit that was laying around my body all this time!

So clearly, diet can be a contributing factor, cause, or answer to your acne. But everyone is different, and your acne may not even be caused by diet in general.

My best advise is to try everything to find the CAUSE of your acne, rather than wasting your time just treating it. Yeah, treatments do work for some people, but for most eith severe cystic acne well a lot of others arent so lucky. Plus its healthy to figure out whats wrong, anyway, for other health reasons.