Notifications
Clear all

Update: Still no cheek acne; probiotics have been amazing!

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 05/30/2017 5:51 am

Just an update - probiotics seemed to have had a long-term effect on my cheek acne. I still have clear cheeks a month after finishing my probiotics. This is no matter what I eat and after stopping all supplements. Prior to this I always had spots on my cheeks. Exercise also has a really positive effect, as does washing my face only with a natural liquid cleanser (REN) once a day. I did get hormonal neck acne, but nothing on face.

I just stopped my pill and am braced for the huge breakout I always get around the 3 month point with probiotics, omega 3 and vitamin A! (Maybe as cod liver oil). Will check in then!

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 06/10/2017 12:28 am

On 30/5/2017 at 1:51 PM, Foodforthought said:

Just an update - probiotics seemed to have had a long-term effect on my cheek acne. I still have clear cheeks a month after finishing my probiotics. This is no matter what I eat and after stopping all supplements. Prior to this I always had spots on my cheeks. Exercise also has a really positive effect, as does washing my face only with a natural liquid cleanser (REN) once a day. I did get hormonal neck acne, but nothing on face.

I just stopped my pill and am braced for the huge breakout I always get around the 3 month point with probiotics, omega 3 and vitamin A! (Maybe as cod liver oil). Will check in then!

What kind of probiotics? cuz i broke out like crazy with probiotics

Slothgurl liked
MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 06/24/2017 5:09 am

Hi, I took Garden of Life Primal Defence Ultra, as they are the best quality ones I could find on the net. Alongside a top quality multivitamin (Garden of Life) and Omega 3 (Eye-Q strawberry capsules from Boots), my acne has stayed away so far for several months, except on my neck, which doesn't bother me. I have never been clear of acne before in nearly 14 years. I have never felt able to go out and about without make-up on before either!

I found that the cod liver oil caused me upset stomach, so went back to the capsules above, which have been amazing.

Have just started taking DIM (the stuff found in cruciferous vegetables), as I stopped taking the pill 2 months ago and am worried about my hormones going out of whack! It stops bad oestrogen metabolites in women and men. Have read great things about this finally clearing up stubborn chin and neck acne (which is hormonal).

I don't eat meat or dairy any more though and load up on steamed veg. Finally quit coffee too at long last, but one cup of filter a day only seemed to have an indirect and mild effect on acne for me.