Notifications
Clear all

Diet and Zinc Supplement Question

MemberMember
(@anonymousacne)

Posted : 05/15/2017 7:56 am

Hello

Seventeen days ago I completely changed my diet. No more foods that are obviously unhealthy such as chocolate and I haven't eaten any bread or rice. For breakfast I'll usually have an apple or banana, for lunch a salad, and for my main meal some kind of variation of many vegetables, red lentils, yellow split peas, sweet potato, tuna, or salmon. It hasn't helped at all, if anything my acne is worse and has culminated in a brand new big cyst right next to my nose - perfect timing, I'm starting a new job tomorrow! What a great first impression I'll make! Is there anything I need to add to my diet? Is seventeen days too soon to expect to see a response? This is all rather depressing! I'd eat nothing but broccoli for the rest of my life if I knew it would help my horrible skin!

I thought I'd go out and buy some zinc picolinate 22.5mg because I hear good reviews. I also bought some 1500mg omega 3. Do I need to take some copper along with the zinc if I am to take it long term? Also, if I do get a positive response from it, is it like antibiotics in that it will stop working after a few months/my acne will come back worse once I stop?

Thanks in advance~

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 05/15/2017 3:04 pm

Im on a gluten/dairy free diet.myself and I don't think I saw any real results for the first month, but I guess everyone is different.

Are you consuming dairy?

MemberMember
(@anonymousacne)

Posted : 05/15/2017 3:08 pm

No dairy at all anymore.

I did have a very poor diet before I changed 17 days ago so I'mreallyhoping that my skin just needs 6-8 weeks to improve, I saw that figure on a website somewhere. I guess if I have no improvement after two months then there's not much hope but that would be so frustrating! I really want this to work!

MemberMember
(@coconutbomb)

Posted : 05/29/2017 10:25 am

I take 22mg of zinc picolinate near enough every day and noticed softer/smoother skin within 2-3 days of taking them. I don't think you need to worry about copper levels too much unless you are taking high doses of zinc (50mg).