Notifications
Clear all

Caveman regimen (need advice)

MemberMember
(@jarredl)

Posted : 04/07/2016 12:06 pm

so Im on my twelfth day and I recently got outside to skate and was sweating bad (around day 8). Since then My flaking has been terrible, the whole dead skin mask is completely visible and I dont know what to do because no one has mentioned it getting so bad. Ill keep updated on this throughout my journey.

MemberMember
(@jarredl)

Posted : 04/14/2016 5:43 am

day 19, gave up on full caveman, now doing modified where I exfoliate every two or three days (or as long as possible). Couldnt go to school with the massive amnt of visible flakiness on my face. So I would love to know if its normal that my face is splotchy and has red marks wherever the deadskin is. Thats my update. Acne has been steady without any breakout but I still get my normal zits day to day.

MemberMember
(@jarredl)

Posted : 04/17/2016 12:03 pm

so I have red rash like spots spreading across my face and im worried doing the caveman just triggered what looks to be rosacea.. Well I hope to god it goes away because this looks worse than my acne ever could. On the other hand my acne is fine and I dont break out when I eat junk foods anymore.

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 04/18/2016 12:54 am

12 hours ago, JarredL said:

so I have red rash like spots spreading across my face and im worried doing the caveman just triggered what looks to be rosacea.. Well I hope to god it goes away because this looks worse than my acne ever could. On the other hand my acne is fine and I dont break out when I eat junk foods anymore.

I got this too, which made me quit the regime unfortunately. I got contact dermatitis from i believe the lack of moisturising. i suggest you stop.

JarredL liked
MemberMember
(@jarredl)

Posted : 04/18/2016 8:10 pm

19 hours ago, Chloe123 said:
I got this too, which made me quit the regime unfortunately. I got contact dermatitis from i believe the lack of moisturising. i suggest you stop.

I would stop but this is the only thing that in anyway is helping my acne and going back to washing makes me break out terribly, I need to finish this regimen before I give up early. How long did you do it for before giving up? Also what do you do for your face now?

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 04/18/2016 9:27 pm

1 hour ago, JarredL said:

I would stop but this is the only thing that in anyway is helping my acne and going back to washing makes me break out terribly, I need to finish this regimen before I give up early. How long did you do it for before giving up? Also what do you do for your face now?

Dont wash your face, but use moisturiser (it wont clog your pores- water washes better than most cleansers) I did it for i believe 3 months. I really did like the caveman regime, if i didnt get the dermatitis, i would probably do that for life. Now i have definitely limited my cleansing. I do not wash my face in the morning, i just blot any oils with tissue and then get on with my day. Night time i use a little bit of cetaphil and neutrogena moisturiser. thats all i do.

JarredL liked
MemberMember
(@jarredl)

Posted : 04/19/2016 5:23 am

7 hours ago, Chloe123 said:
Dont wash your face, but use moisturiser (it wont clog your pores- water washes better than most cleansers) I did it for i believe 3 months. I really did like the caveman regime, if i didnt get the dermatitis, i would probably do that for life. Now i have definitely limited my cleansing. I do not wash my face in the morning, i just blot any oils with tissue and then get on with my day. Night time i use a little bit of cetaphil and neutrogena moisturiser. thats all i do.

how would I go about getting rid of the derm now? Its pretty bad at this point. Do I just moisturize?

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 04/19/2016 6:26 am

1 hour ago, JarredL said:
8 hours ago, Chloe123 said:

how would I go about getting rid of the derm now? Its pretty bad at this point. Do I just moisturize?

Moisturising should do it. if it doesnt get better in the next 2 weeks, go to the derm.

JarredL liked
MemberMember
(@jarredl)

Posted : 04/19/2016 6:34 am

8 minutes ago, Chloe123 said:
Moisturising should do it. if it doesnt get better in the next 2 weeks, go to the derm.

hope that does it because I cant go see a derm.