Notifications
Clear all

Accutane for mild acne

MemberMember
(@tammys)

Posted : 02/26/2016 12:01 pm

I have been recently prescribed accutane 20mg. I just recently got a little bit of cystic acne (5 in total - 4/5 months ago) and had few pigmentation left but I currently have zero acne on my face. However, I do have few bumps ( 4 of 5) on my skin which I'm assuming is deep acne and a good amount of hyper pigmentation. I went to three different dermatologist and they all said that i should take it after looking through a microscope at my face. I am really scared since I already suffer from ezcema and that would probably make it worse. I also am terrified that i would end up with a face filled with acne. I felt every insecure with just 5 spots and I don't know how to deal with more. I'm assuming the bump will turn into acne but will i get acne in places I don't usually get or places that look very healthy currently? I am currently on my 4th day on accutane and everything is normal. They all said I have deep acne that need to come out which is why I'm scared.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 02/29/2016 1:27 am

I'm no derm but I heard it gets worst before it gets better along with bad side affects, but you have a chance you will never get acne again. It's usually perscribed as a last resort for severe acne patients.