Notifications
Clear all

Does Soy cause acne

MemberMember
(@soren1997)

Posted : 11/05/2015 11:21 am

Hey Guys,
I am trying to cut down on meat and eat lots of vegetables etc. I bought a lot of stuff to use for food, but they all contain some sort of soy. I once heard that soy did contain some hormones like milk, that could cause acne, is that true? :)
I don't eat dairy 

MemberMember
(@ajm00001)

Posted : 11/06/2015 12:11 am

Soy causes very bad acne for me.

FYI: I have made this comment in another post.

Do what competent Doctors and Dermatologists have recommended for decades. (I am an old guy).

Pick a food you want to test.
Do not eat that food for two or three weeks.
Then eat a lot of the food you are testing for four days.

You will know if that food causes acne.

This is a slow test, as you can only test one item at a time.

In your case, do not eat any food with soy in it for a couple of weeks, then eat a lot of soy for four days. You will know if it causes you acne. (You can use vegetable oil made from soy, and fermented soy (Tofu).

You need to do this test for any food you believe may cause acne.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/06/2015 5:46 am

Hey Guys,
I am trying to cut down on meat and eat lots of vegetables etc. I bought a lot of stuff to use for food, but they all contain some sort of soy. I once heard that soy did contain some hormones like milk, that could cause acne, is that true? :)
I don't eat dairy 

Hmm. If you brought a lot of foods containing soy or soy lecithin, it's processed food, that is really not something you want to consume if you want to clear acne. Why in the first place do you think meat is a problem?