Notifications
Clear all

E-Cigarettes And Acne?

MemberMember
(@420blaze)

Posted : 09/19/2015 11:43 pm

Hello,

Well I've recently researched a LOT about nicotine, cigarettes, and ecigs affect on insulin levels and blood glucose levels and relation to acne. However in my experience, I've noticed less "cystic" acne when I used to smoke regular cigarettes(10-12 a day), and when I quit, I got MAJOR constipation and lots of cystic acne around my jawline and chin and cheeks. I switched to ecigs, and use 12mg nicotine juice and notice that my constipation is controlled, but my acne isn't clearing up.

As for weed: when I first started smoking weed, it REALLY cured my acne. I was so clear...until I started smoking weed more often after 3-4 months, I took a T-break....and then I got major cystic acne....and when I started smoking weed again, it didn't cute it this time or help at all. Helped with my anxiety and depression but not my acne.

What are your guys opinion on Ecigs and nicotine?

And your experience with marijuana use and acne?

Also do these substances interfere with candida or yeast infections? (I'm asking cuz I feel like I might have candida although I haven't tested it)

MemberMember
(@420blaze)

Posted : 09/20/2015 12:02 am

Btw, weed does not cause cancer or any serious health effects other than a bit of a cough and possibly bronchitis, so before you start telling me that drugs are bad, so your research. However, I am not so sure about its affects on acne. It helped me a lot, but now it doesn't help.

Btw, I follow the candida diet, and I used to follow the typical acne diet as well. So my diet as of now is ...perfect basically , but I still get acne. So I think the weed may have been causing a hormonal imbalance in me causing acne

And I think the nicotine in ecigs is worsening my scarring, but idk if it's causing acne for me. I'm pretty lost. I exercise daily and eat right but I can't seem to quit weed or nicotine....I need help fr

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 09/20/2015 8:11 am

Cigs make u heal poorly. I would give all of it up just for peace of mind. Quitting COULD cause u some stress that could temporarily cause a breakout, but would b worth it for your skin and wallet. Get chantix sp? From the doc if u have insurance, Should ease the stress of quitting.

Considering the % of young adults smoking pot and the % that have acne, I think your weed clearing acne hypothesis is shot.

MemberMember
(@420blaze)

Posted : 09/21/2015 2:43 pm

Cigs make u heal poorly. I would give all of it up just for peace of mind. Quitting COULD cause u some stress that could temporarily cause a breakout, but would b worth it for your skin and wallet. Get chantix sp? From the doc if u have insurance, Should ease the stress of quitting.

Considering the % of young adults smoking pot and the % that have acne, I think your weed clearing acne hypothesis is shot.

You're right, thanks. As for weed, I think everyone reacts different to it. I'm gonna quit weed tho since it's not clearing my acne anymore as it used to. Heavy regular use probably does mess up the hormonal balance which is causing me to get acne from it now

MemberMember
(@420blaze)

Posted : 09/23/2015 10:06 pm

Btw, weed does not cause cancer or any serious health effects other than a bit of a cough and possibly bronchitis, so before you start telling me that drugs are bad, so your research.

I researched it and found this:

Marijuana on the Brain

Could smoking marijuana change the way the brain works? That's what researchers are finding.

• Brain imaging scans of heavy marijuana smokers have revealed changes in blood flow to parts of the brain involved in memory and attention. Researchers have also noted differences in the size and shape of the thalamus, the part of the brain that's involved in consciousness and information processing.
  • Heavy pot smokers in studies score lower than non-users on tests of memory, attention, and learning. The more they smoked, the worse they did.
  • Regular users are more likely to be diagnosed with schizophrenia, especially when they have a family history of the condition

Other Health Effects

Marijuana can have effects beyond the lungs and brain. These include:

• Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Fast heart rate
  • Increased risk of heart attack (within the first hour after smoking)

- Webmd

I'm not even gonna argue smh.Look at these reputable sources if you want.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20030701/heavy-marijuana-use-doesnt-damage-brain