Notifications
Clear all

Has Taurine Caused A Breakout With Any Of You?

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 09/08/2015 5:31 pm

Started taking taurine just for the blood flow benefits and also noticed from a Google search that there seems to be nothing but positive reviews for it clearing up skin. I developed one of the worst breakouts ive had in years over the past few weeks and the only thing new I've done us started taking taurine. Anyone else?

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 09/10/2015 9:27 pm

When purchasing amino acids it can be iffy as to the purity of the compound provided. Many companies use fillers or rudimentary manufacturing techniques to create a lot of micronutritional supplements out on the market today. I personally send quite a bit of my supplements to a lab for analysis to validate the purity. Some companies actually provide lab tests with their products, but you generally pay more.

Take a look at vitamin B12. The most common form encountered is the vitamer, cyanocobalamin. Yet the cyanide group attached to the upper ligand of the cobalamin molecule renders it biologically inactive. This also complicates the efficency of trying to successfully metabolize the cyanide group without inadvertently causing degredation to its availability. Regardless of this though they still continue including that variation in all sorts of multi-vitamins because its cost effective.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/23/2015 5:20 pm

First of all, where did you buy taurine from? Most health stores do not sell it (unless mixed with other supplements or in energy drinks), and have to special order it.

I had a bad experience with taurine (or at least I think it was taurine) that I ordered on amazon. When I took it I couldn't sleep for 2 days! It was crazy and it scared me off...it also made me suspicious of buying supplements from vendors like amazon (who use other vendors without vetting them).

But, sugarfree red bull usually seems to help my skin overall...I just try not to have it too often.