Notifications
Clear all

Orange Juice Breakout?

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 09/07/2015 9:39 am

Hey everyone, in the last 7 months I cut out completely from my diet sugar, dairy, chips, fast-food, oceanic fish, high glycemic index food, corn, eggs, bananas, grapes, nuts, almonds, soda etc and things are going very good. I had the worst breakout a few days ago (not that bad, 5-6 cysts that seem to go away in a matter of days, but it's the biggest I had in months), exactly 14 days after I started drinking orange juice (Pfanner, no added sugar). The thing is I drank a lot, more than 1L a day. In the last months I would breakout only on my forehead, but now I got some on my cheeks as well. Can anybody relate? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 09/07/2015 10:17 am

If this is accurate http://www.epermarket.com/product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=7640 you got 9 grams of fructose per 100 ml. Thats 90 grams of fructose pr liter and no fiber to slow insulin secretion.

Oranges is okay because fiber content will slow insulin sec but in orange juice fiber is thrown away.

Try limiting your intake of fruits to 1-2 pieces a day.

Sorry for the english. It is not my language :)

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/07/2015 11:15 am

orange juice is not a good thing to drink...stick with whole fruits and foods...avoid it even if it doesn't break you out!

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 09/07/2015 7:45 pm

thanks guys, I figured that was the culprit, luckily the breakout wasn't that bad :)

MemberMember
(@susanrey)

Posted : 09/09/2015 3:08 am

orange contains much vitamin C, which is really fantastic for human health. You can drink it.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 09/09/2015 3:51 pm

thanks guys, I figured that was the culprit, luckily the breakout wasn't that bad :)

If sugar effects your acne then stay away from fruit juice! I know it sounds healthy but juice can have the same amount of sugar as soft drink/sodas. It might b "natural" but its still sugar. One glass of orange juice could have the sugar from 6 oranges. One or two pieces of fruit a day is ok cos all the fibre helps absorb the sugar more slowly.

Andrei11 liked