Notifications
Clear all

Smoking Weed And Acne?

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 08/15/2015 4:13 pm

I was clear for a long time up until this past april.. its now august and im still breaking out. I've done a lot of researching and thinking about what might be the cause of these breakouts because they are really getting the best of me. I started smoking pot excessively in the winter because my boyfriend does a lot so whenever i was with him i smoked just as much as he did. Around that time i noticed my skin being really oily.. i mean REALLY oily. Then the breakouts followed. I'm not sure if there is a connection i mean shouldn't it HELP acne since its anti-inflammatory? Well i cut back on smoking a little bit and my skin has been a little better. But just these past few days i smoked a little more and i noticed my forehead breaking out again. Has anyone else had this problem or care to share their input?

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 08/17/2015 3:51 pm

Stop smoking?

MemberMember
(@thanson)

Posted : 08/19/2015 11:46 am

I smoke quite a bit too and I did some research and it definitely could be contributing to your breakouts... I vape as well and posed a question to the forum about vaping and acne...

I would try and cut down on the smoking (I know it's hard) :)

MemberMember
(@dacollector)

Posted : 08/19/2015 4:58 pm

My experience with weed is that if you smoke a significant amount of it, the downsides include a lowering of your immune system. So the chances of getting sick go up, as well as the skin becoming less healthy.

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 08/20/2015 11:43 am

I was reading today how smoking (and air pollution) prevents antioxidant defense, which may cause acne to worsen.