Notifications
Clear all

Having Trouble Cutting Bread Out Of Diet

MemberMember
(@mikkurs)

Posted : 07/25/2015 5:54 am

I usually eat some whole-grain toast in the morning with my breakfast, but I've noticed that its practically impossible to find any bread without crap in it (high fructose corn syrup, molasses, soybean oil, ect.). Because of this I've tried cutting out the whole-grain breads but every time I do I end up constipated...I've taken fiber supplements like psyllium husks but it didn't help at all. The only thing that gets my digestion back on track is the whole-grain bread.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can replace the bread in my diet with without suffering from constipation?

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 07/25/2015 9:00 am

if you go to the bakery section of your super market they will probably have fresh whole wheat bread without the junk in it. if not, rice cakes are an okay option

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/02/2015 6:50 am

how about replacing it with rice? If you had, let's say, 1-2 rice cakes in the morning, that might be better than bread.

MemberMember
(@ripvanwinkle)

Posted : 08/02/2015 7:58 am

All you need for fiber is fruits, vegetables, nuts, and berries. There is no need for grains if you wish to eliminate them (pun intended). Also, your body just needs time to adapt to your new diet.

MemberMember
(@mikkurs)

Posted : 08/02/2015 9:17 am

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not so sure I'd be able to find a good brand of rice cake, but I think I'll try replacing the bread with a cup of brown rice.

All you need for fiber is fruits, vegetables, nuts, and berries. There is no need for grains if you wish to eliminate them (pun intended). Also, your body just needs time to adapt to your new diet.

Being a vegan, I already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. It never seems to be enough insoluble fiber though.

MemberMember
(@solecalibur)

Posted : 08/03/2015 1:20 pm

you just need to try up the dose maybe and maybe replace brown rice with buckwheat thats naturally high in fibers better than brown rice

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not so sure I'd be able to find a good brand of rice cake, but I think I'll try replacing the bread with a cup of brown rice.

Being a vegan, I already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. It never seems to be enough insoluble fiber though.

Beans, oats, buckwheat, flax, chia, etc. What do you eat for breakfast?

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 08/19/2015 10:56 pm

have you tried going to an all organic food store? they sell only healthy bread. if you live in the states most all stores carry rudi's organic bread and its the best bread ever. and almost every store ive been to has a healthy isle and in its freezer section they usually have sprouted wheat bread. its really healthy with only a couple ingredients.

if not, i eat baked beans!

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 08/20/2015 12:41 pm

I got some oatmeal with flax and some gluten free cereal from the health food section at Kroger. Also split pea and ham soup seems to work great for that.

MemberMember
(@rachkellz)

Posted : 08/22/2015 6:37 pm

Try roasted sweet potatoes in the morning, they're quite good. Especially with eggs. These are a way better source of carbs and will keep you full.

MemberMember
(@rblhws)

Posted : 08/24/2015 12:19 pm

I'd also like to add brown rice.