Notifications
Clear all

Sugar + Dairy Free + Acne.org Products = Acne Free

MemberMember
(@goofy123456789)

Posted : 05/01/2015 7:47 am

I've been meaning to write this for a while and am finally getting to it!

Since I was around 16 years old, I've had mild to moderate acne all around my jaw and chin area. It never seemed to get any better no matter what products I used so I just lived with it. Than I went to university and then veterinary school and now am doing a residency. Since starting the residency two years ago, my acne would flair up at times - total lack of sleep, tons of stress. AHHH. I am also extremely into fitness and have a super strict diet with high fats and proteins and low carbs which makes me feel great and I have a lot of energy (work out 5 days a week) but still was having breakouts and could not figure out why.

So I started the acne.org regime about five months ago and started to see a big difference. After three months my skin was doing much better but I would still continue to have breakouts around my chin / jaw area and could not figure it out. Super discouraging!

I kept researching online and decided to change my diet again - seems my breakout area was related to hormones mostly. Up to this point, I had stopped eating sugar (made a big difference) but was still having coffee with cream daily and once a week would have a "cheat meal" where I would eat anything I wanted for an hour....most often it would be a pizza or something with cheese in it.

I eliminated all dairy from my diet and also stopped drinking coffee and tea. I would have a scoop of instant coffee and that was it for the day for caffeine. I had already stopped eating sugar so I just continued with this.

It has now been over a month since I stopped eating dairy and the only time I had a breakout was after someone gave me a protein shake that had yogurt in it....I had a huge zit within 20 hours!!!! But after that, not a single issue aside from two tiny ones, almost too small to even mention :)

So, for me, I think I've discovered the secret to my breakouts and think it is a combination of a lot of things: stress, lack of sleep, dairy and sugar (main triggers) and stimulates (coffee and tea). Yesterday I even tried having tea again and woke up with a tiny zit...maybe a connection there?

Anyways, hope that helps someone and I am so grateful for this website, the helpful people on here and the regime!

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 06/09/2015 4:21 pm

I've been meaning to write this for a while and am finally getting to it!

Since I was around 16 years old, I've had mild to moderate acne all around my jaw and chin area. It never seemed to get any better no matter what products I used so I just lived with it. Than I went to university and then veterinary school and now am doing a residency. Since starting the residency two years ago, my acne would flair up at times - total lack of sleep, tons of stress. AHHH. I am also extremely into fitness and have a super strict diet with high fats and proteins and low carbs which makes me feel great and I have a lot of energy (work out 5 days a week) but still was having breakouts and could not figure out why.

So I started the acne.org regime about five months ago and started to see a big difference. After three months my skin was doing much better but I would still continue to have breakouts around my chin / jaw area and could not figure it out. Super discouraging!

I kept researching online and decided to change my diet again - seems my breakout area was related to hormones mostly. Up to this point, I had stopped eating sugar (made a big difference) but was still having coffee with cream daily and once a week would have a "cheat meal" where I would eat anything I wanted for an hour....most often it would be a pizza or something with cheese in it.

I eliminated all dairy from my diet and also stopped drinking coffee and tea. I would have a scoop of instant coffee and that was it for the day for caffeine. I had already stopped eating sugar so I just continued with this.

It has now been over a month since I stopped eating dairy and the only time I had a breakout was after someone gave me a protein shake that had yogurt in it....I had a huge zit within 20 hours!!!! But after that, not a single issue aside from two tiny ones, almost too small to even mention :)

So, for me, I think I've discovered the secret to my breakouts and think it is a combination of a lot of things: stress, lack of sleep, dairy and sugar (main triggers) and stimulates (coffee and tea). Yesterday I even tried having tea again and woke up with a tiny zit...maybe a connection there?

Anyways, hope that helps someone and I am so grateful for this website, the helpful people on here and the regime!

I went through something similar. Dairy and sugar were primary causes for my acne. So i stopped eating junk but didn't notice a huge difference. Then I cut out all fruits espeically banana and my skin cleared up. I slowly introduced tea back into my diet. started off with twice a week and 4 months later I was having it everyday. I had a few breakouts initially but now my skin no longer breaks out cuz of tea.