Notifications
Clear all

Skin Issues

MemberMember
(@healingthebody)

Posted : 04/29/2015 3:23 pm

I have acne, but one thing that has really caught my eye is the tops of my feet and knees turn dark red. Toes also look red, and achilles tendon area is red too. I have no idea why it's like this. Any input with me much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 12:26 am

There could be anything with your feet and knees. Having acne may or may not directly relate the combination of these symptoms to anything. Take me for example: Milk+Sugar equals acne, and Tomatoes equals face, hands and other bodily rashes and psoriasis.

Did you know that if you google your symptoms, or "red toes and knees", numerous pictures of Elmo would come up?

Anyway, I don't know, but it sounds like either

a.) A kind of Arthritis or Gout

b.) There's high blood pressure, calcium build up, or other types of hidden inflammation in your joints just starting to show after years of exposure.

c.) Your shoes and pants are too tight.

One of my parents has been struggling with Gout for a long time. It often flairs up with stress at work an large consumptions of red meat. His feet are terribly effected. He takes medication for it, but it's dangerous and has been known to kill people. His overall diet is suspected of aggravating everything.

Unfortunately, without much info on your age and gender, and without pictures, it's extremely difficult to tell what else it could be. What is your lifestyle like? How long have you had acne for? And what kind of acne do you have?

MemberMember
(@healingthebody)

Posted : 04/30/2015 2:57 pm

There could be anything with your feet and knees. Having acne may or may not directly relate the combination of these symptoms to anything. Take me for example: Milk+Sugar equals acne, and Tomatoes equals face, hands and other bodily rashes and psoriasis.

Did you know that if you google your symptoms, or "red toes and knees", numerous pictures of Elmo would come up?

Anyway, I don't know, but it sounds like either

a.) A kind of Arthritis or Gout

b.) There's high blood pressure, calcium build up, or other types of hidden inflammation in your joints just starting to show after years of exposure.

c.) Your shoes and pants are too tight.

One of my parents has been struggling with Gout for a long time. It often flairs up with stress at work an large consumptions of red meat. His feet are terribly effected. He takes medication for it, but it's dangerous and has been known to kill people. His overall diet is suspected of aggravating everything.

Unfortunately, without much info on your age and gender, and without pictures, it's extremely difficult to tell what else it could be. What is your lifestyle like? How long have you had acne for? And what kind of acne do you have?

My age is 17 and I'm a male. My lifestyle is i don't know? Normanl school kid? I've had acne since I was like 12 or 13. I didn't know there was types of acne. I think the skin in all interconnected. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, and I don't wear tight clothing so I don't think that's it. My father has gout. I think gout is caused by certain foods and blood sugar levels. i don't think I have gout. My joints will hurt really bad and I can lift only like half of the weight when I go to the gym and I notice this after I eat wheat. I like never eat wheat at all. I would say my diet is like 98% gluten free/ wheat free. I don't believe puberty causes acne. People will say its hormones, but it doesn't sound logical because the body has to process these hormones. I believe the liver is repsonsible for this and might become over burdened and become toxic from sensitivites and allergies and food reactions. I done so much stuff and still can't nail the cause yet. I will post up pics once my phone is done charging.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 7:47 pm

"My age is 17 and I'm a male. My lifestyle is i don't know? Normanl school kid? I've had acne since I was like 12 or 13. I didn't know there was types of acne. I think the skin in all interconnected. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, and I don't wear tight clothing so I don't think that's it. My father has gout. I think gout is caused by certain foods and blood sugar levels. i don't think I have gout. My joints will hurt really bad and I can lift only like half of the weight when I go to the gym and I notice this after I eat wheat. I like never eat wheat at all. I would say my diet is like 98% gluten free/ wheat free. I don't believe puberty causes acne. People will say its hormones, but it doesn't sound logical because the body has to process these hormones. I believe the liver is repsonsible for this and might become over burdened and become toxic from sensitivites and allergies and food reactions. I done so much stuff and still can't nail the cause yet. I will post up pics once my phone is done charging."

Oh... well if you're only 17 then you probably don't have Gout or arthritis, lol. Even if your dad does.

Lifestyle includes overall everything about the way you live... sleep, friends, video game time, diet, stress at school, etc.

If you're joints hurt then you might be:

a.) Running around too much.

b.) Running INCORRECTLY (such as the gym or outside on the courts).

c.) Your backpack might be too heavy and being pulled and lifted incorrect.t

d.) Your diet might be too full from too much chips, pop, cereals, unhealthy snacks and other junk foods (gluten is not the only thing to be cautious with)

e.) Lack of sleep and relaxing your body... ever try working on your pose at your desk? Are you stressed everyday at all?

f.) Too much sugar

g.) Too less calcium (broccoli) and vitamin D (sunlight)

Thank you for sharing your skin condition, that's very interesting to me. I don't know much about keratosis pilaris but it's interesting that it's a different kind of skin condition described as "acne like". Take a look at my pictures in my gallery and you'll see "pimples" and "cysts". There are many types of acne.

All acne is hormonal, but your skin may or may not be PRONE to it. You can have low hormones and tons of acne, and vis versa... just because my cousin has perfect skin without ever breaking out doesn't mean his hormones are low. Things that spike your hormones and insulin levels will cause inflammation and break outs in acne PRONE skin. Prone prone prone.

Do you have food sensitivities and/or ever had a liver problem?

How many vegetables do you eat? How much water do you drink? Do you just eat soft drinks at the schools lunch rooms and vending machines?

Pictures are always helpful but please do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

I would suggest growing through this post for a while:

MemberMember
(@healingthebody)

Posted : 04/30/2015 9:28 pm

I done probably everything you can think of. I get routine blood work twice a year to just make everything is in check. I don't have liver issues. I don't play video games. I honestly research about how I can improve my quality of life and enhance it. According to the Allestess I had done I do have food sensititves but I think the test was crap. I eat tons of vegetables. Kale, spinach, broccoli, green beans. Haha I don't drink soft drinks, I just drink water. The thing that makes me mad is all doctors will do is give prescription drugs such as antibiotics, accutane! Prescrition creams etc. It blows my mind that food has nothing to do with acne and other skin conditions or even other health conditions! All doctors want to do is hand out drugs! The funny thing is I've never met someone with digestive issues that doesn't have acne or other skin conditions! It blows my mind that the medical community is trying to find a cure things like diabetes, but the answer is right in front of people! They don't do like any studies on acne or skin conditions and why they happen or the real core root of why it happens!

Anyways how do you upload pictures? I've very unfamilar on how to do this.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 05/04/2015 8:57 am

I done probably everything you can think of. I get routine blood work twice a year to just make everything is in check. I don't have liver issues. I don't play video games. I honestly research about how I can improve my quality of life and enhance it. According to the Allestess I had done I do have food sensititves but I think the test was crap. I eat tons of vegetables. Kale, spinach, broccoli, green beans. Haha I don't drink soft drinks, I just drink water. The thing that makes me mad is all doctors will do is give prescription drugs such as antibiotics, accutane! Prescrition creams etc. It blows my mind that food has nothing to do with acne and other skin conditions or even other health conditions! All doctors want to do is hand out drugs! The funny thing is I've never met someone with digestive issues that doesn't have acne or other skin conditions! It blows my mind that the medical community is trying to find a cure things like diabetes, but the answer is right in front of people! They don't do like any studies on acne or skin conditions and why they happen or the real core root of why it happens!

Anyways how do you upload pictures? I've very unfamilar on how to do this.

It's alright, it blows my mind too... if you want to know the deeper reason for a lot of things that doctors do when it comes to drugs and nutrition, it's often a combination of greed and ignorance. Most of them are taught to believe that diet doesn't have AS MUCH of an impact on our health, and that medications and prescribing people pills for many years of their life is "healing them", "helping them", or just "normal". If you are convinced, it's easier to convince others, hence doctors can be very overwhelming when talking to them.

Please don't take what I say the wrong way though... there are many good doctors out there, many of whom still know more about human health than most (including myself). The problem is the over westernized practices they tend to preach. If you know a doctor then perhaps you can be friends! I always treated my dermatologists and doctors with respect, even if they were sweating balls at how much I know about nutrition and they didn't, but everyone is different. When I would accidentally eat a tomato and break out in psoriasis, I did use over the counter creams to get rid of the rash more quickly and stop the itching immediately, but I never stayed on it... this is a VERY important thing to understand. The nature of medication in of itself is NOT evil... it's how people use them. I found the ROOT CAUSE of my psoriasis, so I had the option of just letting my skin get back to normal, or go the more comfortable route and put some lotion on to speed up the process. It's all entirely up to you. Dermatologists in particular study the science of human skin and how direct methods will help it... they didn't study to be nutritionists. People who know a lot of ALL kinds of fields, like medicines, nutrition, emotional heath and well being, and a working correlation of the body, mind and spirit are more rare.

The "root cause" of may people's issues, including skin problems, can be depending on the person. My psoriasis is tomatoes... my acne is milk and sugar and water and sleep (or a combination of all of these). You seem to be eating very well, so you can either continue to explore your diet and find perhaps something unique that's aggravating your skin, or maybe start looking into other places. If you break out really bad, maybe you have more hormones than most, in which case you may want to actually speak to someone else about this. And as much as I hate to say this, sometimes there IS nothing that can be done except to wait out the break out. And as much as I like to recommend vegetables, they could be too harsh on your stomach as well as your skin. Observe yourself and all that you do, and be 100 percent completely honest with everything. Maybe you were eating something you didn't think was bad, or not sleeping right when you though you were.

To upload a picture, go to your profile and click on "gallery". An album is the name of a collection of images you have, so you can make a new gallery, or just upload one image at a time. When you come across a button that say's "Browse", clicking on it will bring up the pictures in your computer (your picture has to of course be on the compute first). Find it, wait for the website to download it, give your picture a title, write a description if you want, then "Upload" it. I can't see all the steps on my profile because I've already done this, but if you're starting from scratch then just follow the hints on the website if you can.

MemberMember
(@healingthebody)

Posted : 05/04/2015 11:19 am

If it's hormones then I'm screwed! I want to do bodybuilding, and to get your body to look like that hormones have to be maximized and cortisol hormone minimized.

I don't think it's sleep bc whenever I go to sleep I try to get the very most out of that sleeping session. I have mild acne. Most of the doctors in my area are complete shit!

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 05/06/2015 9:54 pm

If it's hormones then I'm screwed! I want to do bodybuilding, and to get your body to look like that hormones have to be maximized and cortisol hormone minimized.

I don't think it's sleep bc whenever I go to sleep I try to get the very most out of that sleeping session. I have mild acne. Most of the doctors in my area are complete shit!

Unfortunately I know very little about what to recommend to people with acne and who are trying to body build.

Here is an article by Acne Einstein on the subject:

http://www.acneeinstein.com/bodybuilding-acne/

Here is a link to videos on youtube when you type in "Body building and Acne". Maybe these men can help you:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=body+building+and+acne

Here are forums on this website with similar questions and problems from others:

Sorry to hear of your doctors, I understand the feeling... I just don't want others to believe that all doctors are shit when there are still good people out there. Please don't give up your search, and if you can talk to people who are bodybuilding and also have (or had) acne. Working together with others may be faster and easier for you. And I am sure you sleep well, but muscle grows when you rest and sleep, not when you weight lift, so snooze an extra hour if you feel you need it.

How muscles grow:

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/09/17/muscles-grow/

You do NOT need milk to body build:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/just-say-no-to-6-diet-killers.html

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145106211

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/liquid-muscle-last-word-on-milk-bodybuilding.html

Click on my success story bellow and read the other milk links if you can. Sorry I don't have more supported links for body builders avoiding milk and protein drinks and what not, but if you have acne you may have no choice but to ditch these food products for a few months and see if it helps.

Hormones are also in meat, which can either be ideal for you as a body builder, or terrible for you if you are prone to acne. If you must eat meat, get the good quality stuff, but it's far more expensive and impractical on a high school budget. The protein might help you gain muscle, but the hormones they pump into the cows and other animals also find their way through your system and can cause acne.