Notifications
Clear all

My Vegan Diet Finally Works...

MemberMember
(@oversimplifier)

Posted : 04/18/2015 1:03 pm

I've been on a 7+ year journey to figure out my acne situation and I've finally found some things that are keeping it at bay.

I'm not here to tell you that this is the "cure" or if you follow this that you will never breakout because I do breakout once in a while but its either ones that you never notice and like one once a month.

In my teens I broke out like crazy and a lot of it had to do with being an extreme eater. I had it all: cysts, white, heads, blackheads and what helped was Dan's regimen to keep things at bay but not 100%

Since then I've been:

vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, 80/10/10 (low fat, high fruit, barely any fat vegan), high fat raw vegan, and paleo.

I had acne with all of them but noticed very little breakouts during my high fat raw vegan/vegetarian experiment (no sugar except for raw honey, olive oil, coconut oil, brazil nuts, avocados, shredded coconuts, veggies, seaweeds and citrus).

Tired and unsure, i decided to take an ALCAT test, which is a food intolerant test and this helped and for other things like joint pains, headaches and rashes.

After all the experiments, I came up with a combination of foods that I can eat as much of and not break out...

So far this is working:

-food (all organic): long grain white rice, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, olive oil, brown rice protein, and himalayan pink salt. all veggies are steamed, olive oil added when I'm eating and i add the protein powder to the meal, which is yummy, in my opinion. it's a pretty balanced meal.

-3 large meals a day

-weight training 2 to 3x per week

-and i don't get much sun, not because of acne but because it's too hot and I'm brown and don't want to get darker.

It's limited but I feel sharper than ever, clear mind, lots of energy, I sleep well, the meals are very satiating and never feel hunger pains, which is all a relief.
This may or may not work for you, but if you feel like you can relate to this than hopefully there will be some worthy info.
The big changes for me were: going back to vegan after experimenting with meat products (gave me cystic acne, rashes and joint pain), ALCAT Test to see what foods work for my body, Estroblock for hormonal acne, and eating rice for the satiation, mental clarity and energy.
My current skin condition: I'm clear except for a cyst on my right cheek due to trying cod liver oil the other day :(
If you have any questions, let me know.
<3
MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/30/2015 2:05 am

Well done! Are you completely clear now? :)