Notifications
Clear all

For Those Who Had Fish Oil Make Acne Worse. How Do You Get Your Omega 3?

MemberMember
(@caljuice)

Posted : 01/24/2015 6:28 pm

Recently, I've been getting a lot of outbreaks, closed comedones in my jaw/chin area and cystic acne on the side of my cheeks, and the only change I've really done in the past month is taking fish oil daily. I take about 4g a day that gives 2g DHA and EPA. I've searched around on this forum, and it seems fish oil has made acne worse for other people too.

I'm not sure if its omega 3 or fish oil itself breaking my out, but has anyone else who had fish oil problems find an alternative for omega 3? Or maybe found success by simply reducing the amount of fish oil? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@kjoon)

Posted : 05/30/2017 12:49 pm

Hey, I took 1000mg of omega 3 daily and i used to get bumps on my cheeks and forehead. then on the last 2 months of the bottle (after 4-5 months of use) i got the worst cystic acne on my cheeks and some on my forehead. they never seem to form a head and the scars are horrible. I've never suffered with acne before and i actually started using it for better skin and health. worse decision ever. I'm currently waiting on it to come out my system...its been a month. but the acne in lingering- nothing new since the month was over. how long did your once take to clear up??