Notifications
Clear all

Fruits To Eat/not It

MemberMember
(@moneyball29)

Posted : 11/23/2014 12:40 am

Hey folks,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has some good information on what kinds of fruits we, as acne sufferers, should be eating, and which ones to stay away from. And for that matter vegetables too. I seem to be finding a lot of conflicting info throughout the fabulous world wide web, which seems to be the problem with a lot of things these days.

I thought we should stay away from sugary fruits like bananas, melons, cantaloupe, and strawberries, but then I recently stumbled upon an article that said these fruits are actual good for your skin. I think the problem with surfing the internet for information on diet, is that some people are just referring to these fruits as being good for your skin in general (i.e. promotes elasticity, less wrinkles, etc.) but they don't realize that it could be promoting acne. I could really care less about wrinkles or "elasticity" at this point, I just want to get rid of acne!!!

Thanks and God Bless

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 11/23/2014 2:20 am

Sugary foods might contribute to acne inflammation, so from that perspective you would want to avoid mangoes and dates, and other similar fruits. But if eaten in reasonable quantities, I don't see any reason to avoid any fruit, as long as your eating it in its whole form, not just the juice. The vitamins, fiber, and water in fruits help your body metabolize the sugars, so the glycemic impact is relatively low. Dried fruits, though are a little different - they have essentially no water, and it's easy to overeat them (much easier to eat 10 dried apricots than it is to eat 10 apricots).

As for vegetables, there are no real hard and fast rules on what to eat and what not to eat. You could be sensitive to potatoes, but nothing else. Or you could be sensitive to kale - unlikely, but possible. I would suggest vegetable in moderation, more often cooked than not, in order to minimize potential reactions that could be caused by proteins in the vegetables. This won't help much with the alkaloid content, though, so I would still suggest vegetables in moderation. Fruits are really much safer overall, since they are evolutionarily designed to be eaten.

MemberMember
(@regular-user-2)

Posted : 11/23/2014 8:58 am

omg calm ur melons guyss? fruits is just a fruits jst fruits? remember healthy fibers and vitemins and that colorful joyful aura foods??? so myea?

dont go bananas pls..