Notifications
Clear all

Fish Oil - Bad For You?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 11/03/2014 12:38 pm

from BeautyEditor:

"I no longer recommend cod liver oil, or any other forms of fish oil or vitamin A supplementation aside from the Nutrisorb A. That's because they're all high in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), which oxidize quickly in our bodies andno jokecontribute to everything from cancer to hormonal imbalances to inflammation to accelerated aging."

Can any nutrition experts throw in their thoughts? I take 3, 6, and 9 -no fish- but I can't say I see a difference when I don't take it.

The NutrisobA has excellent amazon reviews. I'd like to toss my EFA's if I can....

MemberMember
(@sethrose)

Posted : 11/03/2014 2:45 pm

The link you posted is an Amazon Affiliate link so either you or her are trying to push that product to make money off people. Always be wary of people pushing health products when they're not health experts.

Do you mind posting the article where this quote is from? I'd like to see her cite some studies to back up her claims.

Cod Liver Oil in my opinion is one of the best supplements for health out there. The only risks I've seen out there are possibly increased risks of prostate cancer for excess consumption of Omega-3's.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 11/04/2014 5:01 am

Yes, the link is the blogger's to show where she purchased it.

The main link is BeautyEditor. I've gotten a warning for posting a link and have no idea what's allowed and what's not, but if you google the quote, it will come up.

I don't have a prostate, so no worries there? ha

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/07/2014 7:51 pm

suddenly the most healthy supplement that you all wrote hundreds of topics is bad for you? just stop this.