Notifications
Clear all

Is It Possible For Eggs To Do This Much Damage?

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 07/23/2014 8:34 am

So in the past I've noticed whenever I would eat eggs I would feel extremely full, more full than I do if I eat a lot of another food. My face would also become itchy and red. That was back when I had acne all the time so I never thought it was causing my acne.

Fast forward to present time and I'm pretty clear 95% of the time. Starting yesterday, I had the worst chin breakout I've had in years. Painful bumps that turned into whiteheads. It was a sudden breakout that shocked me...it came out of nowhere.

The past few weeks I haven't done anything different except eat salad with a lot of each dressing and also egg rolls. That's the only thing different I've done/eaten.

Can an egg allergy be so bad that it causes acne? Or maybe it isn't even acne; maybe it's just the allergy breakout that looks exactly like acne.

MemberMember
(@salanderlisbeth)

Posted : 07/23/2014 9:16 am

Yes, I have the same situation. I'm allergic to eggs and I breakout everytime I eat it.

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 07/23/2014 9:25 am

I wonder if something like benadryl will help stop the breakouts when you eat some eggs?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/23/2014 11:03 am

Yes. An allergy or other form of intolerance can cause acne. Either by directly causing a pimple to form within a day or two (which sure, might not be true acne, but what difference does that make to us?) , or simply by increasing the level of inflammation in the body.