Notifications
Clear all

Very Bad Acne And Dry Skin On Chin

MemberMember
(@jamjam15)

Posted : 06/14/2014 2:52 pm

Hello! I've been struggling with acne for years now. Recently I have extremely dry patches where the acne is extremely bad and is very painful and rashy. It will go away for a couple days and then come back with becoming extremely itchy to the point where I make the skin bleed. I am desperate to know what's happening. I have been curious as to if I may have sebohheric dermatitis but don't know for sure. Please help! Thanks.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/16/2014 11:14 am

You say its itchy? Consider if its some other skin condition or an allergic response to something.

Almost all these conditions including acne involve weakened epidermal barrier and other skin functions and in my opinion is where efforts should be focused with diet, topical skin treatment (as in very little to stop impairing your skins ability to function), stress management and other lifestyle habits.

MemberMember
(@jamjam15)

Posted : 06/16/2014 11:19 pm

Thanks! I have cut out all gluten and dairy and very low sugar and it's still very bad unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/18/2014 3:55 pm

Thanks! I have cut out all gluten and dairy and very low sugar and it's still very bad unfortunately.

And what did you replace them with? What fats do you eat? What is your topical regimen?

MemberMember
(@jamjam15)

Posted : 06/18/2014 11:38 pm

I've read stuff on the internet saying for seborhheic dermatitis that soap isn't good for the skin so I've been using luke warm water and some baking soda to wash my face. I've been moisturizing with normal lotion with the addition of using lotrimin ultra (anti fungal cream) and using tea tree oil on acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/19/2014 7:55 am

I've read stuff on the internet saying for seborhheic dermatitis that soap isn't good for the skin so I've been using luke warm water and some baking soda to wash my face. I've been moisturizing with normal lotion with the addition of using lotrimin ultra (anti fungal cream) and using tea tree oil on acne.

But baking soda is still,pretty alkaline. I don't how much it removes lipids from the skin. Emulsifiers in lotions and creams also remove lipids. So they feel like they are.helping when they are part of your problem.

MemberMember
(@jamjam15)

Posted : 06/19/2014 3:54 pm

What should I use to wash my face then?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/19/2014 4:23 pm

Hey alternativevista,

I've read some of your posts and I found them to be extremely informative and thorough.

Unfortunately, the information is too scientific and it gets into too much detain that makes it a little overwhelming.

What do you recommend for a female who has deep persistent acne and has been struggling with it for 10+years ever since a teenager?

I would seriously appreciate your help or direction (if ou just want to copy and paste links with information).

I was also wondering if people who have followed your advice have cleared up completely.

Thanks !!! <3

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 06/19/2014 7:58 pm

Hey alternativevista,

I've read some of your posts and I found them to be extremely informative and thorough.

Unfortunately, the information is too scientific and it gets into too much detain that makes it a little overwhelming.

What do you recommend for a female who has deep persistent acne and has been struggling with it for 10+years ever since a teenager?

I would seriously appreciate your help or direction (if ou just want to copy and paste links with information).

I was also wondering if people who have followed your advice have cleared up completely.

Thanks !!! <3

For me, reading such information from Alternativista helped because I was fascinated with the approach, but if you don't care about the nuts and bolts of how it works, then just try actually going milk free (for example) and start from there. You don't need to understand something in debt to make it work, it just helps to know all the angles so that you can make a small adjustment and/or be safe without causing any possible harm. If it helps, I have a success post in my signature bellow, with links that are solid and strait to the point, but it's all up to you on how much reading you want to do. You have to explore yourself as well as what you would like to try, and keep a log of what goes on in your life (sleep, exercise, diet, etc...). If it seems like a lot to look at, then just start small, but don't expect supper large changes because of it. Try a combination of face washes AND vegetables if you want, then void one or the other every so often. Everyone on here has a different regimen that they found works for them, and they will post it to their own specifications, but if you haven't noticed by now then you will later on that everyone is slightly different because everyone IS different. For me, it makes complete sense to start eating a good, nutritious, un-dead, healthy diet with emphasis on vegetables and water, and constant walking most of the week without any stress or awareness/attention on my acne. It did take several months of experimentation but in the end I finally found the culprit and always learned something regardless .

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/19/2014 8:18 pm

Thanks!

It's crazy how much time i've been spending on this website :/ I need to do some HW, but I've bookmarked all the links for later, even though I'm pretty sure I'd procrastinate a little further while reading them tomorrow :D

Lots of love to all the ladies (and gentlemen) here who have gone the natural way!