Notifications
Clear all

Why Does Burdock Root Completely Clear My Adult Acne?

MemberMember
(@ibanez2014)

Posted : 06/04/2014 6:51 am

"Reposting here since there was no hits under adult acne*

Female, age 25.

So this is the second time Ive been on Burdock, and the second time Ive been clear. I have tried EVERY natural product, vitamin, digestive remedy, face regime under the sun for female hormonal acne. I have researched the topic to death but nothing else has worked. Im determined not to go on birth control because it simply masks the problem. Ive been eating low glycemic index/high protein, low/no dairy strictly for 4 years now because I thought insulin and/or dairy was to blame. I exercise daily, eat 100% well, have normal BMI, yet I have been having cystic breakouts and severe scarring since I was 17. Years ago I cut out all toxic face products and keep it very simple and natural. Im am planning to take Burdock permanently now. I only stopped taking it last time because it ran out and I was clear, but the acne slowly returned again.

NOTHING clears my daily cysts except for Burdock root (not even milk thistle).My skin is completely smooth and the oil slick it once was, is no longer. Dont get me wrong, I am thrilled. I would just like to know WHY it clears my skin completely (within 3 weeks of taking min dose). If I know why it helps, then I can target that area in my diet and other ways. Is it possible I dont even have a hormonal disorder (no other symptoms except pms moods)? Could I have liver problems (eg liver cant flush estrogen) or toxins?? Has anyone else become completely clear on Burdock root? Various sites say that it 'detoxifies' and 'purifies blood' but I cant find any research that explains how and why it does this. What area of my health should I target?

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 06/04/2014 8:28 am

I would think it has something to do with your liver then, but I really don't know. I want to know what brand and dosage you take though, I'd like to try it

MemberMember
(@ibanez2014)

Posted : 06/04/2014 11:39 pm

I would think it has something to do with your liver then, but I really don't know. I want to know what brand and dosage you take though, I'd like to try it

I get the Now Foods Burdock Root 430 mg (100 Caps) from Iherb. I only take 1 cap per day but I often will take 2 when I have 'female problems' arrivng. The dose would be different for everyone though I imagine.