Notifications
Clear all

Eu Supplement Regulations

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/18/2014 8:29 pm

We all know that people are beginning to turn to supplements instead of conventional drugs, but apparently the European Union has decided to regulate supplements and lessen the amount of each supplement to force people to turn to medicines. A user on this forum, graciemeow, told me about this when she tried to purchase vitex and realized that the quantity was much lower than usual so it didn't do anything for her.

This is outrageous. It's an attempt to force people back to pharmaceutical drugs. I hope this doesn't spread in the US, it's very worrisome that the industry can have this much control over supplements.

You can read about it and sign a petition here: https://www.consumersforhealthchoice.com/

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 05/18/2014 11:34 pm

This is sadly true, I live in europe unfortunately. Basically the rule in EU is that if any natural supplement has proven medicinal benefits, it's going to be banned, because you just can't medicate yourself with natural stuff, you have to use pharmaceutical drugs with serious side effects so that you have to buy more drugs to treat those side effect and so on. It's sick.

P.S. they just put DIM supplements under review because they noticed that it might work so that's a definite no no in EU.