Notifications
Clear all

Thinking Of Taking Fish Oil

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:29 am

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of taking fish oil on my quest to find my cure for acne but I'm scared that it would break me out. Currently my skin has transformed from severe to almost clear from acne with roughly 2-3 active pimples and a heap of hyper pigmentation marks.

My question is - is it safe to take fish oil? Because so far after 5 years of experimenting and observation, oily food such as korean BBQ, junk food, spicy food will break me out severely. Also I have found a link that during hot and humid seasons is when I tend to break out more frequently.

I guess my concern is since fish oil is an oil, do you think it will cause a break out?

Currently I'm taking zinc and although it doesn't trigger acne, I can't say it is is making any improvements.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/13/2014 5:12 pm

It should be fine. Fats only really contribute to acne if they have some antigens in them from the plant the fat came from (like, soybean oil) or are highly oxidized (which is possible with fish oil). If you find a minimally processed brand you should be okay.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 04/14/2014 5:02 am

thanks mate. Do you have any brand in particular which u recommend is minimally processed?

MemberMember
(@jennrp)

Posted : 04/14/2014 7:41 am

Hello,

Personally, I use Fish Oil, Zinc, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. Once my skin cleared, I've taken these every night to keep away the acne. I totally recommend Fish Oil, I definitely saw improvements once I began to use it. But I did notice my hair became more greasy once taking it. I have very dry skin so it didn't really bother me, but for someone with oily skin it may be a bit annoying. I recommend the brand NatureMade, it was $15.99 for a big bottle of Fish Oil. I take Fish Oil once a day and a bottle lasted me about two months.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 04/15/2014 7:53 am

Ok I have been debating this in my head long enough (1 year). Going to take the risk and give it a shot. I have always had dry and coarse hair imy entire life and could never get it straight the way I want it. A bit of grease will be welcoming as long as it doesn't look like my head was drenched in it.