Notifications
Clear all

Bananas Break Me Out On My Chest And Almonds On My Arms

MemberMember
(@pumita)

Posted : 04/11/2014 11:17 pm

I'm starting to see a correlation

I ate some bananas today and not 2 hours later and my chest was itchy, swollen and breaking out

Last time I ate almonds I broke out all over my arms (heard this was linked to ragweed allergy which I have)

The almonds I've noticed over and over again. I switched to peanut butter instead of almond butter and I haven't had a single break out in my arm when I used to have 10-20 little red dots (not exactly whiteheads, but still pimply). The bananas are a newer thing I'm starting to notice. I think I've had some sort of allergy to Bananas my whole life... I know avocado used to make my throat itch and the two share a lot of the same gluco-protein allergy things (too tired, forget what they're called)

Anyone have similar reactions?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/12/2014 8:16 am

Yes i have the same reaction. I have many food intolerances. I can eat the foods- i won't die from them- they just make me very itchy and spikes my rosacea again. The best thing i have ever done, was go to the allergist a year ago, and find out exactly what my intolerances are. turned out to be a lot of fruit- many that i already knew prior, just actually knowing helps.

good luck

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/13/2014 3:03 am

When I eat certain foods, I get red spots on my chest that occasionally itch mildly. If I continue to eat the food in excess or for several days, they turn into pustules. So yeah, probably a sensitivity.

On a side note, I also got a sudden banana sensitivity that did not manifest as acne, but as extreme stomach pain. I used to eat bananas often, sometimes almost every day. The same thing happens when I eat walnuts or avocados. I've had allergy testing done professionally (both blood tests and the needle pricks on the arm) and everything came back negative. So I'm guessing it's IgG mediated hypersensitivity - which is something that conventional medicine doesn't recognize right now.

Banana and avocado often cross react with latex allergy. The walnuts don't make sense to me. Who knows.