Notifications
Clear all

Started Oil Cleansing Method And Use Of Essential Oils For Acne ! Log With Pictures !

MemberMember
(@hollisticapproach)

Posted : 03/06/2014 8:05 pm

Hello,

As most of you guys here I have been suffering from acne since 6yrs now and I have used every products out there. Oral medication, retin-a, obagi nu derm, PCA, PC, clean&clear etc. Obagi did clear my skin but i started getting peels done to get the perfect skin I wanted. In the end I ended up with the worst skin I have ever had. My skin is super dehydrated but there's alot of over production of oil from using all sorts of drying products. Long story short I stopped using all chemical products starting yesterday and have started OCM.

I made a mixture of Hemp seed oil (60%), gradeseed oil (20%) and jojoba oil (20%) with essentials oil for their anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammation properties. I have also made a toner with witch hazel, aloe juice, apple cider vinegar and white willow bark. Serum with argan oil and essential oils. Ill post a before picture in a day or two and post a picture every week of my progress. BTW my skin is oily.

I also started taking beta carotene, borage oil, zinc, vit d3, vit c and B complex, wheatgrass.

Please follow my thread and share your experiences. Also please tell me what have worked for you.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/07/2014 8:34 am

Good luck. I've controlled my acne for many years now via diet, but haven't used any cleansers except or hand washing for probably 3 years now. I don't really oil cleanse often. But apply oil before wiping my face with a damp cloth when I have makeup to remove. I use safflower oil for the high linoleic acid content.

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 03/11/2014 12:42 pm

I'm interested in knowing the results of your ocm experiment. How severe is your acne?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/11/2014 1:01 pm

I used castor oil on my face and it caused me a nasty breakout that even a month later have not dealt with. Lavender and geranium essentials are great but i use them undiluted. ACV is also good. If you re sensitive it might sting or burn. Dont panic, put some aloe or sudocrem on and you will be just fine. Keep us posted for your results, because mine are not wow... I keep on though...