Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Else Have M.s And Acne?

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 02/16/2014 12:13 am

I've had chronic inflamed acne for year, onset at age 11 or 12, and was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (relapsing remitting M.S) at age 21 over three years ago. Some people say having one inflammatory disorder predisposes you to developing another?

Does anyone else have M.S or any other chronic inflammatory disorder (RA ect.) as well as acne?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/16/2014 12:45 am

Hey! Sorry you have MS. I was tested for it using MRI scans a few months ago because I had most of the symptoms for it. In my case, it wasn't MS but 3 herniated discs in my spine that caused systemic inflammation and nerve issues. I think systemic inflammation can definitely manifest in other ways like acne. Usually, by treating the main type of inflammation, the other types subside but not always.

Have you looked into enzymes to help with MS, or probiotics?

Also, have you looked into inositol to help with numbness and tingling? That's what I have been taking for the past 6 months to help with hormonal issues as well as my nerve impulses, and now I can sleep at night without my arms or legs getting numb. Even my doctor and chiropractor were impressed with my progress. You should look into it and ask your neurologist about it (who will probably know nothing, but can google it and give you an opinion like mine did).

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 02/16/2014 1:15 am

Wishclean: I had tried probiotics for a number of years for my skin in different forms prior to being diagnosed with M.S and had no success with them. I have never tried enzymes before though, what are they exactly?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/16/2014 2:03 am

There are various types of enzymes... I personally take digestive enzymes and I read some promising research on their effectiveness on autism, so I think doctors have a lot to learn about them still. For MS, there are some articles on systemic enzymes to prevent systemic inflammation (actually, I need these too!) and proteolytic enzymes. If you also take digestive enzymes on an empty stomach, they help digest undigested protein and other substances in the GI tract/gut.

On a different note, there has been some research on an enzyme that can cause MS - it does something to the brain that triggers autoimmune responses....sorry I don't remember the details but you can look it up. This is not the same form of enzyme as therapeutic enzymes.

Therapeutic enzymes can help with inflammation, which is often associated with autoimmune disorders. If you can find a good integrative doctor in your area, they might be able to guide you to the right combination of enzymes to use. If you begin treating MS as an autoimmune /inflammatiory disorder, that makes it seem more manageable. That was my plan of attack when my doctor was worried I had MS.

How are you coping with it now? Is it bad or does it come and go?