Notifications
Clear all

Fermented Cod Oil/butter

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/09/2014 6:49 pm

Does anyone have any experience wish this product? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M06SMU/ I'

ve read multiple reviews on this product saying how its almost like a miracle pill (however diet needs to be there) when it comes to clearing up acne. I've very interested in this product however im still slightly confused as to how it would help?

-Thanks

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/10/2014 12:01 am

Taking it right now. Have taken it in the past, didn't seem to clear up my comedones, but it did give my skin a nice texture. I don't have inflammatory acne though so I could see it working for others.

And who knows, maybe it'll work for me this time. I like how it makes my eyes so white they practically glow in the dark.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/10/2014 12:07 am

Taking it right now. Have taken it in the past, didn't seem to clear up my comedones, but it did give my skin a nice texture. I don't have inflammatory acne though so I could see it working for others.

And who knows, maybe it'll work for me this time. I like how it makes my eyes so white they practically glow in the dark.

Sounds awesome xD Are you currently taking supplements along side it or just by itself?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/10/2014 12:31 am

I'm taking zinc and some sort of niacin/vit C/N-acetylcysteine combo pill that I had lying around. I've taken both in the past and found that neither improved my acne, but here's hoping to a second attempt. Maybe this'll be the golden combination.

Course I'm also doing paleo diet (+ fermented dairy) so overall my skin looks decent right now. Thing is, I don't know when things are improving because pretty much all I have is comedones that never seem to go away no matter what I do. I'll probably extract some tomorrow to see if my skin is still making them, or if they're just artifacts of that time I gorged on chocolate :D

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/10/2014 3:23 pm

I'm taking zinc and some sort of niacin/vit C/N-acetylcysteine combo pill that I had lying around. I've taken both in the past and found that neither improved my acne, but here's hoping to a second attempt. Maybe this'll be the golden combination.

Course I'm also doing paleo diet (+ fermented dairy) so overall my skin looks decent right now. Thing is, I don't know when things are improving because pretty much all I have is comedones that never seem to go away no matter what I do. I'll probably extract some tomorrow to see if my skin is still making them, or if they're just artifacts of that time I gorged on chocolate biggrin.png

I know what you mean. I've tried alot including zinc and other forms of supplements. I agree with you though from previous posts saying to just get nutrients from food and avoid the whole "Supplement routine". But I have heard of a second course of some supplements that run better than the first. And props to you for having the dedication for a paleo diet. I am currently working on just trying to cut out all loose ends I have in my diet such as excess sugar and all the refined crap. I'm also looking into some-type of possible liver cleanse or overall body detox. I know face-mapping isnt "Spot on" accurate but i do think that most of my acne on my forehead now is caused from some-type of toxin within eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 01/10/2014 5:09 pm

I can vouch for the fermented cod liver oil/butter oil. ONLY thing that has ever made a difference in my acne supplement/diet wise and I have tried them all. I need to take at least 1.25 TSP a day though to remain clear so it's expensive.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/10/2014 7:07 pm

I can vouch for the fermented cod liver oil/butter oil. ONLY thing that has ever made a difference in my acne supplement/diet wise and I have tried them all. I need to take at least 1.25 TSP a day though to remain clear so it's expensive.

I'm glad to hear that it works! I just ordered last night a bottle of Green pastures (Blue Ice) and its the pill form. It says on the label two a day, but I'm assuming I should take an extra pill?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/10/2014 7:18 pm

Oh forehead acne? I cleared that completely with SCD diet. Not paleo. It was a quick fix, 2 weeks. Didn't do much for the rest of my acne, which led me to the conclusion that forehead acne = poor digestion, or some sort of microbe in your gut that you're feeding. SCD diet was a pain tho because it's so restrictive, and not having any BMs for pretty much the entire duration made me feel like something was wrong, even though my forehead acne vanished.

Paleo on the other hand has improved all of my acne overall, but not gotten rid of anything specific.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/10/2014 8:15 pm

Oh forehead acne? I cleared that completely with SCD diet. Not paleo. It was a quick fix, 2 weeks. Didn't do much for the rest of my acne, which led me to the conclusion that forehead acne = poor digestion, or some sort of microbe in your gut that you're feeding. SCD diet was a pain tho because it's so restrictive, and not having any BMs for pretty much the entire duration made me feel like something was wrong, even though my forehead acne vanished.

Paleo on the other hand has improved all of my acne overall, but not gotten rid of anything specific.

Very interesting. I have had some intestinal/digestive issues recently that my doctor pretty much could not solve because the symptoms were so off and on and the symptoms have now subsided. It makes sense because my forehead I have never had a serious problem with (maybe a whitehead like once a month) and ever since this incident regarding strange digestive issues I literally have been breaking out horribly not only on my forehead but in-between my eyebrows as well. I am becoming slightly worried that i might have something like what you mentioned a "Microbe" but I had several samples done and all tests came back negative. Slowly but surely loosing my mind because my forehead is now my problematic area as apposed to it usually being nothing at all. However I will look into this "SCD" diet and I'm looking to purchase a juicer of some sort and try to start going on a partial cleanse. I remember reading somewhere on the forum someone cleared up forehead acne with a Carrot Juice cleanse.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/12/2014 3:57 pm

The problem with tests is that we don't know enough about the gut microbiota to make many judgements on what should and should not be there. I wouldn't rely on them. I also got those tests done and everything was shown to be fine, but my acne still got better on SCD so who knows.