Notifications
Clear all

Heathy Diet And Weight Loss

MemberMember
(@francis86)

Posted : 12/21/2013 12:06 am

Good day/evening to all

In my fight against my acne, I have decided to take a healthier approach to eating. Before this I would be eating pasta/rice multiple times a day and barely any greens. It's been 1 month since I started this new eating pattern, consisting of plenty of greens such as kale, broccoli, cabbage etc, pumpkin, carrots, plenty of fruit, eggs and grass fed/free range meats...but the only problem i have is my astounding weight loss that has come with this. I have lost almost 6 kg in 1 month since I started. Does someone have any advice on what I may be able to incorporate into a diet such as thing to maintain a healthy weight?

I used to be really underweight for my age, and in a huge effort to gain weight I increased my intake of carbohydrates and calories, that's what was guiding me along, coupled with plenty of exercise. I managed to gain 18 kg in 6 months. I need to eat alot to maintain my weight, but eating so healthy I can't seem to ever get enough. No matter how many veges I gobble down. To see this weight dropping so quickly, i'm worried i'll go back to the way I was.

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/21/2013 12:57 am

You could count the calories you eat in a day to see if they are enough to maintain your weight. Ways to get more calories include eating healthy fats, oatmeal, some rice, etc.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/21/2013 7:27 am

From what you describe, it seems that you need more starches in your daily diet. Root vegetables are quite healthy so you should be able to add sweet potatoes and yam in, especially if you are exercising. When i first dropped carbs in the name of paleo, people thought i was sick with the drastic weight loss it produced. I am going to attempt to get back to a healthier lifestyle after the new year but without the weight loss

goof luck

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/21/2013 8:30 am

Add more carbs in the form of sweet potatoes, squashes, beans, oats, buckwheat, etc Add fat. Drizzle olive oil on your veggies, in your soup, etc. make some coconut oil & cocoa fudge. Avocados.

You should try avoiding gluten completely for a while to see if your acne or how you feel improves. If you have digestion issues you should avoid for months while consuming digestive tract helping foods. And possibly avoid all seeds during that time. But most likely you can have pasta once in a while. Especially if its an egg pasta as eggs contain substances that bind up the problematic lectins. And as far as the glycemic index of pasta, 1) it's the GL of the meal that matters and 2) cook it right. The longer its cooked the higher the GI. The GI of potatoes also depends on how they are cooked.