Notifications
Clear all

Caveman/water. Should I Go On?

MemberMember
(@violetclutch)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:58 pm

Hey

I'm 16 Female. I've been having pimple/acne since I was 12. I have pretty oily skin. Never dry.

I have been using drugstore facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer when I start getting pimples.

Awhile ago, I came across the caveman regimen or the water only regimen. I started last month and my skin is getting worst at that month. About 20+ days, my face started getting itchy. I couldnt bear with the itchiness, so I used a facial cleanser to wash my face. WORST MISTAKE. My face is all red. But the redness started to get away. The following day, I started washing it with just water and apply some moisturizing cream to get rid of the itchiness. My face didnt get better even when I applied cream on it. It was red but it wasnt itchy.

Then, I started to not use the cream. I decided to wash my face only with water. The dead skin started to pile up and the itchess is back! It was real real real itchy. I then scratch it and exfoliate with my fingers. It did get worse. It was all red. But the next day, the redness got away a little. Whenever I wash my face with water, my face goes dry.

Last 2 days, I decided to not wash my face as its drying and itchy. My skin now is oily but dead skin/dry skin still appear. All in all, my pimples did improve but I just cant bear with the itchiness. Those dead skin are always around my mouth and nose area. I try my best to not bother about the itchiness but I just couldnt resist. I feel that my face is kinda smelly too (?)

What do you guys think? I need some advice espicially on those itchiness. Is it getting better or..?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:09 am

This isn't a suggestion just a way of thinking... because I have no idea what the caveman/water diet is. Using my imagination I can put 2 and 2 together. After that im not sure i wish to know more. With this said I will tell you that you do not know until you try. We can all give suggestions based on your own successes and failures, but this isn't a blue print for everyone to follow.

So if ya got nothing to lose and have done your reading then.. shoot.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:40 am

Not using soaps or anything else that will strip lipids from your skin & impair its function iis good. just about everything else caveman fanatics tell each other (no water, not touching or dead skin masks) is nonsense.

You can Use a soft cloth with warm water to cleanse your face and remove dead skin. Or you can oil cleanse using a high linoleic acid containing oil like safflower, massaging with your fingers to remove skin, then removes excess oil with a warm damp cloth.

I also recommend blending the above oil with aloe Vera gel rather than any purchased cream.