Notifications
Clear all

Supplements Help

MemberMember
(@suzanne03)

Posted : 11/09/2013 9:46 am

Hi,

I have been eating pretty well (no sugar, no bread, no pasta/rice/potatoes, no dairy etc.), but I read a lot about supplements and I think I need a few. I just have no idea which one to get, and I don't want to take 10 different supplements every day. And also no idea about the dosage..
I am definitely going to pick up vitamine D3 supplements since I live in the north of Europe and the sun is basically always hiding, and I was thinking about zinc and magnesium maybe? And vitamine C?
And help would be greatly appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/09/2013 3:59 pm

Hi,

I have been eating pretty well (no sugar, no bread, no pasta/rice/potatoes, no dairy etc.), but I read a lot about supplements and I think I need a few. I just have no idea which one to get, and I don't want to take 10 different supplements every day. And also no idea about the dosage..

I am definitely going to pick up vitamine D3 supplements since I live in the north of Europe and the sun is basically always hiding, and I was thinking about zinc and magnesium maybe? And vitamine C?

And help would be greatly appreciated smile.png

If you take vitamin D3, take it at the same time as a high quality fish oil supplement. Vitamin D3 capsules are not absorbed in the body very well unless they are accompanied by good fats, like the omega 3s in fish oil.

Suzanne03 liked
MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/13/2013 4:08 pm

Definitely take D3.

Magnesium is great. I take it even though I eat a lot of magnesium rich foods like greens & seeds. Take it in the evening. It relaxes muscles and helps with sleep.

Zinc can make you nauseous. Take with food. I no longer take it, but other than figuring out my food intolerance, a supplement that included zinc was the first thing I ever noticed helping me after years of dermatologists & their drugs. It made my skin a lot less oily & I rarely had inflamed acne on my face. Then i changed my diet & my skin cleared for the first time.

Suzanne03 liked
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/15/2013 9:05 pm

Give herpanacine a try, it might save you money on separate supplements (although it doesn't have vitamin D, so that might be extra for you). I have been taking it in place of my regular multivitamin, and for some reason the combination of vitamin A, E, zinc, l-lyseine &proprietary blend is working along with another supplement I take for hormonal acne and digestive enzymes. I didn't think it would work because any time I took those vitamins & zinc separately I didn't notice a difference. I got herpanacine from the vitamin shoppe, and the salesperson told me to try it for a month and return it if it didn't work, which I thought was a fair deal.

Suzanne03 liked
MemberMember
(@suzanne03)

Posted : 11/16/2013 4:04 am

Thanks a lot!
Fish oil seems like a good idea, I read something about the omega 3:6 ratio, should read some more :P
And I'll remember taking zinc with food.
Never heard of herpanacine, I'll look into it :)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/16/2013 6:38 pm

if you have cheek acne , you should take liver supplements like milk thistle they will go away